Keyword

Poll: What are you charging? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

NiCd
5 15.6%
NiMH
13 40.6%
Lipo
14 43.8%
Other
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 32 ( Jack Willy Orz, cumminsdoc, Purple_rob, nivapilot, uncletom ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42747

:pinch: There is humidity in the fridge. And an explosion in a closed room isn't top. But ideal for a free toxic hachis parmentier... :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42793

Today I took the Hornet out for its maiden run. Awesome driving! I wasn't sure how it would go so I didn't film or shoot anything, but next time I will at least take a few shots with my phone. I can't use the Carson Reflex Wheel Pro3 with one hand, the wheel is too far away for my thumb to reach, so I can't film.

I think the battery lasted about 20 mins, which I am quite happy with. Now I need to charge it again.

Will it need 7 hours again? Or was it just that first time? Considering Poebe's advice "2100 / 0.3 = 7 hour " before. Thanks.

(I am about to get a new and more powerful charger any day now)

Last edit: by uncletom.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42795

In your place, I will invest in a delta peack charger.
If the hornet stoped with the stick, you could consider that it is empty. So you can charge it during 6h30 6h45 max. But you can try firstly 6h30 and calculate your run time, 6h45, 7h00 etc. And the longer is the charging time. ;)

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42796

Thanks Sting. I understand. Also, I just read about the principals of charging.

Now I am considering the use of Lipos, because their supperior power capacity in proportion to their size, a Lipo will deliver more fun per minute of charging. Which means less time wasted waiting, and more time driving.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42798

:y: Yep I totally agree with you. I don't run enough to make à big investissement in a pair of lipos. And I am always too affraid by them. I know! risks are limited because I have the good charger but All my ESC are classics and I don't want to burn my cars or kill my sticks :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42799

I think this may be good info when / if you decide to start using Lipos.

arxangelrc.blog...perly.html

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42800

So today, after some reading, I bought myself this - the Pro 5000 Balance Charger / Discharger

It seems to be about the same as the iMAX B6, except in a different color.

And then I bought this Lipo. It just bout fits in my Fighting Buggy.
Anyone care to bet if it will blow up my ESC, or the 540 motor?

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42803

And then I bought this Lipo. It just bout fits in my Fighting Buggy.
Anyone care to bet if it will blow up my ESC, or the 540 motor?

The Fighting Buggy was designed when 1100mAH batteries were the norm, giving a run time of around 10 minutes. Even then there were warnings about the motor overheating, and it's not unusual to see melted motor covers on vintage SRBs. There's every possibilty that a 5000/5200mAH battery will keep you going for over an hour, even with pretty fast driving.

Lipo batteries do make RC cars run faster than NiMH, faster means using more energy = more waste heat too... I'm not saying you will have a problem, just check the heat of things every few minutes :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42805

thanks Jonny. Yes, you can rest assured I will be checking the heat.

... melted motor cover? Isn't it made of metal?

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42806

:lol: Not with the vintage SRBs. It is the same plastic as the radio box. Fragile! very fragile plastic wich can break anytime.......

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.