Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider ball bearings & gears 12 years 8 months ago #2120

Thanks guys :)

Any advice re suitable silicone sealant? Do you just use regular stuff from the DIY store? Most of it comes in pretty big packages...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider ball bearings & gears 12 years 8 months ago #2122

Could you maybe explain a bit more what you will be using this sealant for? Sealing the gearbox?
Haven't really used it myself on any model so far...

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider ball bearings & gears 12 years 8 months ago #2130

Hi Edou

Yes, on the Rough Rider they supplied a tube of silicone sealant that seals the joins on the gearbox case, and anywhere else that water might get into the electrics etc.

I could post another thread on it, as we are digressing somewhat from the original question on this one. I also noticed someone else is restoring an old Rough Rider, so I could ask him.

Thanks for all the advice you people have provided. Its really appreciated!

Paul

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider ball bearings & gears 12 years 8 months ago #2139

Hi,

I can see the silicone rubber in the manual now... :blush:
Btw - we could degress into a more general info topic if you were to edit the title in the first post you placed...

This seems like a good replacement - rather then the large silicone tubes to insulate stuff in the household for example :

Pro Seal silicone sealant

This will probably be available at a local car parts store too. Especially in car crazy Germany! :woohoo:
Spoken as an non Rough Rider expert of course... ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider ball bearings & gears 12 years 8 months ago #2152

With no intention to ruin the tread, a question regarding Ballbearings:

Is the chassis for Rough Rider same as for Sand Scorcher? If so may I use the same ballbearings for gears and axels (1150s)on my Sand Scorcher?

WR

Tarjei

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2153

Yes - same set of 12X 1150 will do... :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Tarjei

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2197

Ok guys, I finally got to putting some parts together. The connectors on the new TEU101BK ESC that I bought don't fit the old ACOMS receiver in the car - no issue I think as I can cut the new ones off & just connect on the old connectors to the same wires on the new controller. My main question is, as I never used an ESC before, can I now take out the old 4xAA battery pack & switch that was for the old servo & standard speed control? It looks like everything should now run off the main battery, once the ESC is plugged into the BAT and CH2 on the receiver?

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2198

Ok guys, I finally got to putting some parts together. The connectors on the new TEU101BK ESC that I bought don't fit the old ACOMS receiver in the car - no issue I think as I can cut the new ones off & just connect on the old connectors to the same wires on the new controller. My main question is, as I never used an ESC before, can I now take out the old 4xAA battery pack & switch that was for the old servo & standard speed control? It looks like everything should now run off the main battery, once the ESC is plugged into the BAT and CH2 on the receiver?

Id' be very careful ... firstly, depending on the age, the wires on the original servos may be wired differently - and the pins on the reciever will match them - and therefore maybe wrong for modern equipment like your ESC.

Secondly, unless your old reciever has the letters "BEC" (battery eliminator circuitry) emblazoned on it - don't use it with the TEU101, as that puts out whatever voltage your main drive battery is putting out - old receivers are quite fussy about getting 4.8 - 6.0 volts, not the 7.2 of the drive battery (which can be much higher when fully charged) - connecting the two may let the magic smoke out :(

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2200

ok, thanks for the advice. Just checked and it does not have BEC on it anywhere...:S

Maybe I should get a new reciever & provided it has the right frequency crystal for my old sender it should work? If not, it looks like returning to an old-style resistor-type speed controller, as I don't currently want to buy a complete new RC for my old auto...

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2202

get a spektrum dx3c or dx3e, 2.4ghz.

I used 27am with my scorcher but not much distance with that, the srb are not so practical for laying the antenna wire (al around the box and then to the rear around the cage etc.)

Last edit: by waterbok.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.