Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2204

A dx3c or dx3e looks attractive- would just need to decide to splash out the cash. So would my TEU101-BK plug straight into one of these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2205

I guess it does :woohoo:

the dx3e is nice but no car memory. but binding is easy and the trim controls very accessable.
DX3c works great too but I sometimes lose the overview what kind of setting I programmed for a car. loads of menu options :side:

oh and if you are lucky you can get extra receivers for a nice price used on the bay.
I managed to get two mr3000 for 60euro those are waterproof and have a gigantic reception.

used one of these with a novak rooster to submerge my CR01 in a river in the Scottisch Highlands (great Holiday) :whistle:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2223

Alternatively, if I get a different ESC, that has a BEC included in it, I should be able to use it with my old receiver - correct? The catch is that the connectors are different, so I would have to change the connectors over and get the wires in the right places.:unsure:

A new transmitter/receiver set up would be nice, but for now, if I can use the old one I've got, I'd prefer to do that.

Worst case scenario - anyone know a good place to buy a suitable mechanical speed controller? My old one has some serious dead spots in it.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2227

Could you tell us/me what the type of the transmitter and receiver is? Maybe place a picture...
The problem with the different connectors could also be solved by making an adapter.
With the complementary JR plug on one side and the pin type Acoms on the other. If I'm guessing right. :whistle:
You wouldn't have to fiddle with the ESC then. :cheer:
The polarity and order of the wires should be verifiable to connect it all right.
Btw - there are really cheap 2.4 GHz alternatives available. Maybe you can take a look here :

Hobbyking Tx/Rx systems

Don't recommend Spektrum so much - heard some stories of short reach and runaway cars... :S
Choosing a brand with a name, I'd choose Futaba myself.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2231

so what is short reach with spektrum if I cant hear my car or if I cant see my car anymore.
my dx3c and dx3e both have that problem aka that icant see the car :whistle:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2233

That doesn't sound like a problem at all... short reach would be 30-50m. ;)
Heard a lot of good stories about Spektrum too btw - only lately also interference problems with Traxxas and Spektrum. :unsure:

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2243

I can't get my photos to insert or attach properly for some reason. Maybe its to do with using an apple computer. I'll try again later with my wife's PC, but I may not be able to do this till the weekend.

Anyway, ye olde receiver is an Acoms IC Reciever, ARB-227. The transmitter is Acoms AP-227 Mk II.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2246

Having the info on the type is already a good thing. :)
I found an on line manual :

Right here

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2254

receiver is an Acoms IC Reciever, ARB-227. The transmitter is Acoms AP-227 Mk II.

nice vintage one :cheer:

would you like to use that one or do you want to swap it for a newer one? (would look good with my old Willy M38 :whistle: )

Re: Sourcing Rough Rider spares, sealant etc 12 years 8 months ago #2259

yes its certainly vintage I guess... and it still works and is in good condition after 25+ yrs storage:woohoo: .

let me know what you are offering to swap it for, and as long as it works with the ESC and fits in the car I will probably take you up on it. As you are also in Germany we can probably sort that out quite easily.

Best to PM me to sort out any details I think.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.