Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6704

• jnail
  • jnail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the lunchbox rims? Diameter and width?

thanks jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6705

This is straight off the TowerHobbies website, and I confirmed it by measuring my Lunchbox rims

Width: 2.5" (64.5mm)
Diameter: 1.9" (48.5mm)

The Tamiya Wild Willy rims are the same, just chrome, they look awesome. Or these:

www.ebay.com/it...694wt_1270

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6706

I'll ad the info to the topic Lars started. :y:
Same info goes for the Midnight Pumpkin, right?

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6707

That's right. BTW I ordered myself a set of the aluminium rims... :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6708

Very cool. B)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6716

• jnail
  • jnail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Ok, thanks guys. they aren't going to work for my brat project. Too wide, and wrong diameter.

I got the dyna blaster wheels, but even with my CRP front axle extensions, the front wheel won't fit, because the brat upright steering arms hit the rims. For my last ditch effort, i ordered some uprights for the blitzer beetle, which should fit the wheels. I am pretty sure that I have installing them on the brat front end worked out, assuming they are not too thick. The only thing I have yet to look at is the steering rods. Since the brat steering arms are angled up, and the blitzer arms are not, the arms will be at a steeper angle, and I don't know if they will clear the chassis.

As far as tires, I have 3 different pairs that I have been considering in different combinations. I will post some pics when I get the front end worked out to see what everyone thinks. But I will say that the dyna blaster rims look pretty sweet on the brat. i am hoping I can get it to work. If it doesn't, I may have to find a blackfoot roller instead, and go that route.

jeff

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6724

A couple of additions - Madbull wheels/tyres are the same size, & I think I'm right in saying the early Lunchbox had Grasshopper type rear wheel adaptors, whereas the Wild Willy 2 & Madbull have 12mm hexs (I suspect the later lunchbox & pumpkin do too?).
3 options for your steering rods: (1) Z-bend them in the vertical, (2) make risers for the steering arm ball joints to lift them up (eg 5mm long 5mm dia aluminium rod with M2 tapping through), or (3) is it possible to reposition the balljoints on the underneath of the servo saver? (Haven't looked, just a suggestion)

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6725

Just had a thought - if risers would work but you don't fancy making them, I'm pretty sure model shops sell threaded tube for joining control rods for planes. Failing that, use plain tube with different balls, the ones with a hole in them, to bolt all the way through

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6748

... I think I'm right in saying the early Lunchbox had Grasshopper type rear wheel adaptors, whereas the Wild Willy 2 & Madbull have 12mm hexs (I suspect the later lunchbox & pumpkin do too?).

Later Lunchkins still use the Grasshopper type rear hubs, I just looked at the "new" Montero wheelie manual & that does too.

:)

Re: Lunchbox rim dimensions 12 years 2 months ago #6750

I'd put some (53913 or generic) wheel adapters on any car with similar hubs myself...
The Dyna Blaster (Ugly Stick Rover) wheels are awesome btw.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.