Keyword

TOPIC:

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27716

Was going to a browse through the local thrift store when I noticed a Tamiya RC kit with the TT-01 chassis just sat on the shelf of random cheap kiddy-grade RC monstrosities, re-wrapped by the store so i couldnt take a peek inside, I picked it up and figured it was worth the 4500 yen asking price (about $44) just for a muck about, besides the boxed looked in decent condition!

So you can imagine, I was expecting the contents to be far worse, some mangled chassis full of mud and a shell chipped and shattered many times over.

Turns out it was new in box, not even removed from its sealed bags, SCORE!

While there i noticed another Tamiya with a really beat up nasty old shell on, but the running bits looked okay and it still had the old slider style speed controller, but futaba receiver and servos, couldnt see the motor but again was only 2300 yen (about 22$) so i picked that up too.

The unknown came up trumps and ended up having a Tamiya 1700SCR racing pack battery and a Tamiya RS540 sport tuned motor too!

All in all a pretty eventful trip!

If someone can ID the second cars chassis for me I'd appreciate it! (I havent been in to RC for over a decade so its like learning to walk again)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Iridium.

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27717

Nice score on the Integrale :y: Your mystery chassis is I think a Tamiya TA01, though it could be a TA02, the differences are subtle & hard to tell one from the other in one photo :)

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27718

Was going to a browse through the local thrift store when I noticed a Tamiya RC kit with the TT-01 chassis just sat on the shelf of random cheap kiddy-grade RC monstrosities, re-wrapped by the store so i couldnt take a peek inside, I picked it up and figured it was worth the 4500 yen asking price (about $44) just for a muck about, besides the boxed looked in decent condition!

So you can imagine, I was expecting the contents to be far worse, some mangled chassis full of mud and a shell chipped and shattered many times over.

Turns out it was new in box, not even removed from its sealed bags, SCORE!

Sweet pick up for $44 :y: :ohmy: :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27730

Never saw a yellow TA gearbox before. :huh:
Could you post a pic from the bottom of the car so we can decide if it's a TA01 or TA02?
Rims look (Raybrig) NSX-ish btw...

Last edit: by Edou.

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27737

:woohoo: strange front gear but very nice. It is a ta01 look in front of the switch it is a screw;-) . The wheeles are subaru impreza to. Very interesting gear box ;)

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27741

All the help much appreciated!

If it helps, the price sticker the store on it said "Tamiya Skyline R33" even though the body on it is clearly an oversized (wrong model type) Nissan 300ZX.

Does look like a TA01 from the web searches ive done (minus the plastics color on front gearbox), any idea what shells would fit this? the one that it came with is way too big (overshoots the sides a good inch and the rear wheel arches have been cut huge to make it less obvious).

A friend of mine says he thinks that TA01/TA02/DF-03Ra shells all work on each other, but id like some confirmation of that before i go buying anything!

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27744

They're all (not counting special chassis) 190mm width and 257mm wheelbase, so that should be alright.
Only issue could be if you get a DF-03 shell with prefixed holes that it might not line up exactly.
TA01 (which your car indeed is) and TA02 are completely interchangeable.

Many more 1/10 bodies should fit, it's quite a common size.
It being a TA01 and an R33 doesn't quite match up btw...

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27745

Yeah, I didn't think it was an R33, but it definitely isn't the horrible 300ZX! haha.

Thanks for the shell info, I dont mind adding holes for different prop positions nothing an extra decal wont hide.

Going to order some new wheels and tyres for it from Yodobashi Camera ( these ones : www.yodobashi.c...001882915/ or these ones if i can find a Celica ST185 shell - www.yodobashi.c...001161013/).

Hopefully I can find a nice shell for it too, they have transparent shells there for different modes that should work: www.yodobashi.c...7%E3%82%A3

Just a case of picking one I like now!, will keep you updated once i get it going, planning to strip the car down and clean it up / replace any worn/damaged bits while i'm at it.

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27746

Even a TT-01 or TT-02 shell should actually fit...
Have a look at banzaihobby.com, they got a bunch of cool (Tam) parts at nice prices as well.
As soon as they catch up with the orders, that is.

A warning though, this chassis type can lead to serious addiction. :lol:

58342 Lancia Delta HF Integrale + an Unknown car 10 years 2 months ago #27747

A warning though, this chassis type can lead to serious addiction. :lol:

Too late, haha

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.