Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65807

Another day of paintjob today... My son did start by asking me guidance for a DT03 body. I only prepared him a few masks with the cutter, and showed him how to add what frog tape to mask what was not available with masks...

I can tell i'm proud of my son.

He did that alone while I was preparing the second body for the Lunchbox. I actually prepared a mini body as well, as I wanted to do the same thing on both, but I gave up on the mini Lunchy as my son, proud of his success on the DT03 started to show interest for the mini Lunchy body...

So ultimately, at the end of the day, I got another body than the Barbapapa's one for me...

Unfortunately, I did not have dark gun metal ps paint, so I improvised...

Anycase, I like it this way. I will add leds later on.

While my son was preparing the Lunchy body for a design of his choice, I did install leds on his Super Storm Dragon.

And here is what my son did with the mini Lunchy body

I believe he learned a lot today. He is now able to do paint on his own, and he clearly stated it is more difficult for small things than for biggest things... And he loves to do this... A very good day, although none of the cars ran today...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65811

Your son has a talent. Congrats to him Marc.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65816

Do you take some of the pictures with fish lens?
Some of them looks a bit strange...

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65817

Well, I do take my pics with the smartphone, and sometimes I reframe them, but that's all. That being said, they are on imgur, and I noticed they display properly on this forum on phone and tablet, but it's weird on my desktop... Not sure the reason of this, but there might be an issue here as they display properly on desktop on other forums... 

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65828

The dt03 is now brushless equipped
Attachments:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65831

Bought Traxxas bellcrank and are test fitting it to my 4x4 Lunchbox project atm.

There may be a update in that thread later today.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65844

The lockdown is burning my brain... :D :D :D 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65845

It fits! Lockdown madness :) 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65847

Definitely understand what you face, Flo. On my side, I have a garden (big one, I can even fit a track for RC Cars :-D), I can run the cars when I want.

But still, I started April with 3 kits under my desk and 5 unpainted bodies in addition (with a target to have activities untli June).

There is still 10 days in April, and already made a lot (only r/c cars activities included):
  • Finished the Hornet
  • Helped my son to finish the Super Storm Dragon
  • Mounted the Mini Lunchbox
  • Mounted the Lunchbox, and painted the 2 lexan bodies. Remain the Hard body to do...
  • My son painted two bodies, one for DT03, and one for the Mini Lunchbox
Remain to do :
  • one unpainted body for the Turbo Scorpion - I need to find a way to fit actuators for the driver head :-D and that has to be done before the paint. That being said, we have no white and no black anymore, so will have to replenish paint inventory before next paint projects.
  • Super HotShot kit under my desk...
And I'm lucky, I have a work that still allow me to work from home without any change in my work (most my work contacts are outside France anyway, so being from home or in the office doesn't change a single thing for this). What's missing is contacts with colleagues out of my work activities circles... And since I don't go to the office, that saves about 90 minutes within my day: 30 minutes is used for work, and the remaining is to be filled with any activities I want... And that is where kits and other activities are depleting fast. This is crazy... And I can't go motorbike over the week-end as the circle I'm allowed to ride is too small. In short, that even more time for depleting kits...

I may need more kits, and will start looking leboncoin and ebay for vintage stuff, as then I may get more time end to end (as you unmount first). Problem is that everyone does that, and the result is that prices become crazy... This is lockdown crazyness!!!

By the way, the Lunchbox made its first run today. I definitely love it. And my daughter as well. That thing has its own mind and is definitely uncontrollable :-D

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65848

I am lucky to marc. I have a 45 m2 backyard. And no work du to my ill back. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.