Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69104

Fantastic ST is it far from your home? I have thought about looking for a club or track close to me but I'm not a very social person and keep myself to myself, so not sure if I want to run them with other people. I don't mind it with my Grandson and my Friend and his son,  Plus I think I like building them and messing with them more these days
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69106

The show is happening every year usually (except 2020, for obvious reasons).

As far as clubs, there is 4 clubs around my place.
- Chambery / La Motte Servolex : mainly off-road outdoor focused, the infrastructure is nice but really focused 1/8 Off Road. There was a track for 1/10 until August this year, we enjoyed it during the Savoyarde event, and as well during a few afternoons with my son. The 1/10 track is no longer there, as it has been replaced by a car park for an 1/8 French Championship event, and that most of the 1/10 folks are fed up with the behavior of the 1/8 folks really too much championships focused
- Belley : nice infrastructure again, with a broader range of activities possible 1/8 and 1/10 offroad track (with a jump that needs revision, as too hard for 1/10 cars, but it is on the cards), 1/10 on-road track, and an indoor Mini-Z track (and there is even a kitchen available so if you go there for a day, you can prepare your food at lunch time). Most of the vintage and 1/10 guys who are leaving Chambery club are going there now. They even organize some indoor mornings time to time in a Gymnasium. I just register there :)
- Corbelin : Another one but smaller, with indoor mornings organized during the winter, and an offroad track which is 1/8 mainly but could be used easily for 1/10 as the jumps are not very high. It's more family and fun focus, and I'll go there time to time, with a bonus : it's the closer one (15 mins in car, while the other one are 35 mins from my home in car)
- Grenoble : the biggest club in the area. They have all the possible outdoor activities 1/10 on-road, off road and 1/8 off road tracks. The infrastructure is huge as per what I was said, and there is a lot of people in this club... I will have to see by myself at some point...

And I can really suggest anyone to try to join a club at least to try, as it is fun to run with others...

jord001 post=69104 userid=14838
but I'm not a very social person and keep myself to myself, so not sure if I want to run them with other people. I don't mind it with my Grandson and my Friend and his son,  Plus I think I like building them and messing with them more these days

It is also about exchanging about hour hobby, like we do here :)
You should find your room there as well!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69107

A small video of the lunchbox on the track...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69108

Like it. 
Un lunchy sera toujours un lunchy👍
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69113

Like it. 
Un lunchy sera toujours un lunchy👍

My son said yesterday to one asking what is his favourite car :
"It's the Lunchbox : it works very well everywhere: on a beach, on the grass, indoor, offroad, everywhere. And if I have to take only one, I would take the Lunchbox, always"
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69148

Today I had the first rc drive at the new place.
The choosen victim was my modded re-re Lunchbox 

I even snapped a short video. Being uploaded to my computer as we speak.

Something is wrong as it stopped a few times.
I suspect either a bad connection / half broken wire or my Thechnigold motor brushes is getting too short.
The Traxxas ESC had the green led on as it should so it was not a terminal overheat as the esc was barely warm when I pulled inside.
When I got inside, the battery showed around 7.60 volts, which is storage voltage on a 2s lipo, so there was plenty of power left but not much omph from the motor.

For now I will replace the wires and try another motor to see if it cures it.
Had about 20 min runtime today and usually I get double that out of my 4000mAh battery.

But it was fun while it lasted 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69149

Yeahhh nice Richard 👍
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69155

Today I made a start off making snow chains for my 6x6 Bullhead project as winter and snow is approaching.
Sadly the thinner chain was too week and I could easly rip them apart with my hands.
I made it with chain I had laying forever.
Shipping is taking forever and I have not found any shops that is selling chain per meter as they used to do.
But my plan is to buy a pair of those Yeah Racing chains with hooks to try those out.
If it is holding up yanking cars while towing, it should hold up as snow chains.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts, williesurvives1

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69200

Recently finished up my Ferrari 189 Late Version, I was just waiting for a new rear wing as the previous owner did not have it. TBG had it at a reasonable price and I did have brand new Tamiya side plates for it. Ran it in the driveway a couple of times and it is a lot of fun. Its not a shelf queen by any stretch but in the muscle car world we call this a nice "driver". LOL Top pick ids the before and next 2 are the after.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #69201

Also finished up this Unimog CC02 truck yesterday. It was my first experience with LEDs and I must say I am rather hooked.   My only compliant is that in the rear they call for 2 LEDs per side but include only 1 each while claiming the kit has a full set.. These can be added later so not a big deal. Figured as long as I was lighting it up I would add a police light bar I had hanging around too. I got the prefinished body and it looks pretty good in grey. Very fun build and it actually scoots right along. No performance mods on this one.........
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds