Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73863

I love it.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73880

All I did today was to tidy up the mess on my workbench and tried to remove the clog from the 3d printer nozzle that came with my machine when I got it.
No luck.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Last edit: by caprinut.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73885

I feel with you
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73914

Before switching to a 0.6mm nozzle for the mold printing i thought its a good idea to make one last figure for the rc club cafe.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73939

-18 F with a wind chill of -40F here in NH..... Even the basement mancave has me seeing my breath. Guess I will bring a few things upstairs for some light assembly.

The new Stadium Blitzer needs some bearings, a relube of the gearbox and reassembly. Should keep me busy for a bit.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73946

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
  After a weekend of moving furniture around in the house, okay so my wife will be mostly filling up the book cases and believe me, once she’s finished I don’t think there will be any space. But I’m taking advantage of the space on the top to put some of my cars.Although I suspect the Ford F350 and possibly the Toyota Hilux hidden in the back corner may well not fit once the bodies are fitted. But I’ve got a bunch of other cars that will easily take there places.I now have to sort out my work area and make sure some of the shelves will be housing some spares.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, GToddC5

Last edit: by Al.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73954

Cleaned up and rebuilt a THORPE ball diff which is fitted to an original Monster Beetle I purchased maybe 12 years ago , and have at last decided to restore. The grease was like glue, and disgusting - but it's all finished now, and back in the rear end .  Also today I cleaned up the dampers and put in new damper fluid. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73959

Just did the same for my Monster beetle. I think mine is a Thorp also...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, mirrorman, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73966

Finished this up around midnight, so technically today! When I really think back, this is my first attempt at paint and decals for a polycarbonate shell, box art. Also my first painted driver. I only ever had a Blackfoot and then a used Grasshopper when I was a kid, and didn't really spend any time on those details when running other bodies. It's not perfect, but I'm learning what works and where I need improvement. Makes me smile just looking at it, and it drives great.

There were sporadic windows of weather opportunity about a week ago, where I was able to get three bodies painted over the course of a week's time - The Frog, The Hornet and Hotshot - so I've got some work to do. Anyhoo, pics:

Edit to add: Oh, and the decals are a mix of re-re and MCI to get the look I wanted.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: Clarification on decals

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73967

Fora first attempt, congrats. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, mirrorman, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.