Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73666

Todd, it could be a deep restoration. And like said Al drive it and have fun 2,4ghz radio and a cheap esc are easier to use. You can find modern pu chy motors for cheap too. And the state of the technigold merits a shelf or a vintage rc. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73667

Todd, it could be a deep restoration. And like said Al drive it and have fun 2,4ghz radio and a cheap esc are easier to use. You can find modern pu chy motors for cheap too. And the state of the technigold merits a shelf or a vintage rc. 

Yes, I agree. As it is, I have a pile of new receivers for my 10 model radio already, servos, and plenty of new GT Tuned, Sport Tuned and Torque Tuned Motors to choose from. I'll just pick up another ESC. Another option after I modernize it would be to flip it on Ebay well ahead of the re-re-re this summer, all modern radio gear included. Then, clean up the vintage radio gear and unload that as well, or hang on to it for an actual vintage model of something like a Porsche 959! The Technigold in question is great, but not even as nice as the one in my display case, so I may use it as a runner so that my ears can hear that sweet sound it makes at full throttle!
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73671

The 959 and the celica grB have a specific msc but the combo msc and radio set are fine on a vintage rc or keep your boom as a restored one and run it as a restored one, it's a good solution to run a vintage . My boom has blue modern parts. And it is stil vintage.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73673

Today I started converting one of my old TL01 cars to winter rally spec.
Found some shocks as the old ones were robber a good while ago.
Finding hardware, mounting bits took ages as the dampers are of unknown brand and uncomplete.

Pitures in seperate thread soon. Need to get hold of some bits first.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73674

Almost midnight here, so I best be quick! Today I finished two builds and fitted their cheater bodies until Spring and I can paint the hard bodies outside. I think these are the only two I can complete and run with cheaters, unless I get a beater body for Lunch Box. 

I honestly always wanted a Bigfoot Buster!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73677

I have always been thinking how the Traxxas BigFoot body would look like on a Clod.
Now I know. Looks really good!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73678

I'm fan of bigfoot body. Congrats todd
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73686

Masked ready for Black :) 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73691

Leaving to dry before detailing, Couple of small bleeds but nothing that can't be sorted 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #73695

I think im prepped well for this season    Oh and of course Willy not liking to get dirty

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by Lemsko.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.