Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 11 months 1 week ago #75361

2 days of RC in a vintage event in France : Montluçonnaise 2023

Lot of fun, some face on some pseudo, and a lot of runs on both a nice onroad track with nice curves and a very nice offroad track in a very vintage spirit, and not too hard for our old cars...

Went there with 16 cars. All  of the16 cars had some run time, some more than others.... The printed tires worked very well in off road condition, my Marui Samurai and my Marui Ninja both got some nice run time and even some air time (I hope I can extract some nice moments from the footage I took during the runs).

Almost broke nothing :
- a lost screw on the Lunchbox,
- a pulley not tighten enough on the bearcat ss, and unfortunately, that's the one inside the gearbox (2 laps only before this happened)
- a probable broken idle gear on the Big Bear (but I did not opened the gearbox, I'll see this within the week)
- a motor pinion escaping on the Super Wheelie : run time 3 meters. Solved this morning, and it had quite a good run time after this

I went back late afternoon, cleaned everything quickly (weather was good, so mainly dust, and the air compressor did the work), sorted my cars in 3 categories shelf, ok state, requires work
And it's long time I've not been that tired... Already looking forward for next vintage event :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 11 months 1 week ago #75368

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

What did you do today? 11 months 1 week ago #75369

Been MIA for a little bit, so this is more of what I did a couple weekends ago. I finished up (for the most part) my Bronc Buster project just in time for a rainy-day Bronco show on the Boardwalk in OCNJ. Here's some shots from the day:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH

What did you do today? 11 months 5 days ago #75383

Soo nice broncos. 
but you'll be killed by  chevy and ford owners. The only one I saw who mixed a bronco and a chevy was jessy james in the monster garage. 
i love your bronc buster.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 11 months 4 days ago #75391

If you look up "procrastination" you'll see a picture of me 

Not much R/C related going on, a few little bits ordered mostly as they were "on sale".  Been spending some time in the 1/24 model world.  And the "boss" was quietly disapproving of the collection of R/C cars in the house, so my focus moved to getting the garage cleaned out and organising a better workspace and storage.  Still going on that one, sooo many boxes still to go through, but did manage to get enough junk out to make space for some R/C storage, extra tool storage, and finally organise storage for 2x sets of the wheels for my car, only 2x more to go 

I did get back to the '57 Gasser, and "started" making the front mount fuel tank.  With winter coming, finishing the Gasser will probably my thing over the next few weeks.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What did you do today? 11 months 4 days ago #75394

Used TT-02R chassis arrived yesterday. Rear adjusted for 251mm wheelbase.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, EddyCH, GToddC5

Last edit: by Lemsko.

What did you do today? 11 months 3 days ago #75395

I like the lowing version. And the BBS are always famous.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 11 months 3 days ago #75397

Thx,  They fit nicely to that paint sheme. For the final version i think i go for the original...Fuchs rims. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 11 months 3 days ago #75398

Yes fuchs are the best.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

What did you do today? 11 months 2 days ago #75410

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Today I pulled out a box of 3 speed bits and I’m looking at what I need to make a complete chassis.
I bought a rear axle off eBay last night. To add to the bits that arrived the other day.
So at this point apart from a couple of small bits and a lot of fixings, I think we can make a chassis !!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.