Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75509

Practice day at the track so I took a few to shake down 😁 HotShot II (Super shot body) Ran great after its recent rebuild and motor upgrade to a torque tuned. Super Sabre ran well until I broke the shock tower, It's already replaced and ready to run :) Fire Dragon is a real dart, I had plenty of fun until I managed to spin the main gear on the shaft in the rear gearbox which caused the gear to split :O That's now replaced too hahaha Oh Tamiya haha Top Force was super consistent and very predictable and with a grippy track I was happy with my times :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75513

Gave my B3 a facelift with a Protech 2 tribute

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75514

Boy, that sure brings back some great memories of racing in the 80's! 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75515

I put everything together today. Tomorrow the painting will start.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75516

Well, that was not really today, but it took a bit of time to sort the pics. There was a vintage event nearby over the week-end, and I went there the two days...

Almost nothing broken :
- a shock tower bent on the Turbo Optima
- a rollcage shaved by a 1/8 car droven by a teenager on the Spirit FF... It would have happened anyway, it was just bad  luck...
- the first part broken by my daughter on her lunchbox (she came only on sunday, and that makes a count of 5-1 in terms of servo saver broken between her and my son since they started RC early 2021 :-) )
- a screw lost on the Javelin (I found it after having replaced it)
- an issue on the servo saver for the Samurai... Seems that the washer I had on it was too small. I replaced it, but it took a bit of time to get there (but it didn't took 2 hours)

And a lot of runs, and a lot of fun :-D

Few run pics :-)

That was fun, and I can't wait next one :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75517

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75518

What an Awesome looking traditional track, I would love to drive it 😁
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75519

Andy, you are welcome to participate next year, if you want :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75525

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Small update on the 3 speeds.

Toyota Hi-Lux, I’ve put all the parts of the body together. I have a couple of new drivers trees and some old driver figures.
The only annoying thing now is the steering column which would have been on a different parts tree, I really don’t know why. So I’ll have to make something to replicate it.
I have an MCI sticker set.

Blazing Blazer, has repro tyre set on a lovely set of wheels and look amazing. I’ve ordered a front grill and again I have a driver figure from the bunch I have.
I have the stickers from MCI.
All I’m missing is the wing, ha, ha !!
So at some point I think I’ll attempt paint and get this as finished as possible.
I also need to add a third servo for the gear change, I had this running in the garden last year, but must have been only using one of my 2 channel sets.

Toyota aftermarket version. I need to do some fettling with the shell. There is a piece at the bottom of each end which comes inward. I need to trim these off to get it to fit. I might even need to chop off a bit of the chassis rails at the back 🙀. But that’s the worst case scenario.
 I’m hoping to get a mechanism tray fitted. This will need a bit of cutting. I’ve shortened the wheel base so the rear wheels sit properly within the arches. I’ll also need to make new rods for the steering and gear change because I’ll be moving the mechanism box forward. I don’t see this being a problem???
I need to sort out the speed controller.

Lastly the odds and sods rough Toyota cab version.
I need to add a couple of small bits of metal tube to sit inside the rear hubs to complete the rear axles.
I’m not 100% sure how practical the Blazer tyres are going to work with the Hi-Lux wheel arches, it seems tight at the minute and there could well be some clashing.
But I do like it.
As above driver figure to add.
I want to add an ESC to this one and use it as a runner.

I’ve realised that none of the 4 chassis’s has the rear bumper. I think that says a lot.

Cheers.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75527

Just a small update AI 😮😁 Shapeways make a replacement wing for the Blazer and I had seen these alloy ones on Feebay 🤔

www.ebay.com/it...311?_ul=IN

I need to paint my mountaineer, This is getting me excited to finally do it 😁 ( when it warms up 😄)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.