Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 6 months ago #14576

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Paranormal Activity here - on mute. Apparently even worse than Blair Witch. :pinch:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 6 months ago #14593

Haven't seen it yet, but the 'new' A-Team movie is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm!

Realism & plausibility were right out, but I can just about live with that - suspension of disbelief is an essential skill for most US TV/film anyway :whistle: ...

But - at no point did anyone emerge from a Jeep (that had been subject to a hail of gunfire, flipping end over end several times and exploding) going "ooh, my head!", and at no point did the team get locked in an implausibly well-stocked shed by the bad guys and build a tank out of handy materials without them suspecting anything - IIRC that happened every week in the TV series :D :y:

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 6 months ago #14598

LOL @ JR - they used the same clip of the same jeep crashing in several episodes! It was obviously an expensive stunt that they wanted to get their money's worth from. :laugh:

How could I forget the original Italian Job! (not the remake that was not even in Italy)
It seems re-re's are not popular :whistle: - Can anyone think of a remake film that has "cut the mustard"??

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 6 months ago #14601

Off the top of my head ...

- Star Trek II (still a poor film, but odd numbered Star Trek films are crap - it's an immutable law of nature)

- Empire Strikes Back was better than Star Wars (Yoda, whole downbeat/downhill feel of the whole thing, less involvement from George Lucas :whistle:)

- Return of Jedi was better still (Carrie Fisher metal bikini - rrrgggrrelllle :D)

... I'm sure I can some up with some examples that aren't cheesy sci-fi movies :silly:

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 6 months ago #14604

How about "Galaxy Quest".... never give up, never surrender! Sigourney Weaver has never looked so fine!!! Giddyup! :blush:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 5 months ago #14668

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

Sigourney Weaver has never looked so fine!!!

I second that. Space clothing fits her well. :kiss: :whistle:

I watched a BBC documentary on the nature of reality yesterday...
Combined with an earlier episode of "Through The Wormhole" I ask this question :

What if we're all a holographic projection of the information on the event horizon at the edge of our universe?

:silly:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 5 months ago #14681

Have you seen the film Event Horizon?... nasty! :evil:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 5 months ago #14683

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Can't say I have (but just read wiki)... the concept of a black hole definitely lends itself for horror.
Within a singularity anything can happen!

:unsure:

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 5 months ago #14686

Yeah, "Black Hole" was a bit of a horror film, it was terrible! (I still like it though...)

Re: Things I like to watch on the screen 11 years 5 months ago #14717

What if we're all a holographic projection of the information on the event horizon at the edge of our universe?

:silly:

I used to think about that sort of stuff a lot ... until I stopped puffin da erb ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.