Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4310

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4322

I love this VW Willy bus, not that I want to buy it.
But did you guys have a look at Willy?
I definitely are going to buy loads of this driver figur....

(cr01, scx10, willy wheeler, king blackfoot they are al waiting for a nice guy behind the wheel)

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4326

I'd like to see more of the Willy driver figure - It's not clear, but I suspect it's the Willy's Wheeler body re-jiggled for left hand drive ... which I suspect now means a Wheeler re-release is even less likely :cry:

If I could travel back in time and bitchslap some sense into my younger self, I think stopping myself binnning my Wheeler because it had got a bit tatty would be #3 on my list :whistle:

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4330

I'd like to see more of the Willy driver figure - It's not clear, but I suspect it's the Willy's Wheeler body re-jiggled for left hand drive ... which I suspect now means a Wheeler re-release is even less likely :cry:

I think you are right, it looks like the Wheeler driver...

If I could travel back in time and bitchslap some sense into my younger self, I think stopping myself binnning my Wheeler because it had got a bit tatty would be #3 on my list :whistle:

I would love to hear what's #1 and #2 ! :laugh:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4333

who needs WILLY driving his Honda turbo wheeler[WILLYS now driving on the PROPER side of the road I might add!] any more. :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly:

We now have SCOOBY DOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU.....!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sing with me everyone.....:lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly:

BTW LARS is right its a wheeler driver...good ole' WILLY!

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4336

just had a nice look at the tamiya fair 2011 video, driver looks like the wheeler driver. YES :kiss:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4337

thercracer.blog...video.html

New cars at the 26 minute mark

Last edit: by split window.

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 5 months ago #4387

Technical data from Tamiya Canada:

This R/C assembly kit depicts a 1st-generation (T1) variant of the Volkswagen Type 2 van, which was also known as the Volkswagen Bus to many of its legions of fans. Tamiya has reproduced this machine with a comical appearance to result in this fun-filled model. The new WR-02 chassis is equipped with a wheelie bar to enable exciting, wheels in the air driving action.

About the Model

- This is a 1/12 scale R/C assembly kit.
- Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (1150 Ball Bearing x 8pcs.) which will be included in Canadian releases!
- The distinctive body is reproduced with durable polycarbonate. Injection-molded driver figure is also included.
- WR-02 chassis features heavy-duty monocoque chassis frame equipped with 4-wheel double wishbone suspension, a fully-enclosed gearbox with differential, and a rear-wheel drive.
- Tires/wheels and the gearbox/motor come pre-assembled to enable ease of assembly.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 4 months ago #4986

Official picture from tamiya:

-Lars
Attachments:

Re: 58512 Tamiya VW Type2 Willy 12 years 4 months ago #4990

Not exactly my thing but this body creates a lot of buzz - to put it on an M chassis for example. :cheer:

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.