Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #7637

Got through the rest of the manual ... the "advice" section is a litle worrying though:

Maybe it's just me, but that kind of reads like:

:S :whistle:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #7657

They say exactly the same about the High lift & 1/14 tractor truck gearboxes. They will handle a slightly more powerful motor, but you need to be careful with your gearchanges & in low gear, this is when the damage gets done. I've had my high-lift dragging me around the carpetted office on a wheely-chair (With a standard motor) & although it wrapped the leaf springs around the back axle, the gearbox was fine. You need to be more concerned with the drive method to the wheels - if they're those poxy flatted shafts again (Rather than cross pins etc) it's more likely the damage will happen here rather than in the gearbox. Incidentally, whether or not it has a slipper clutch won't make any difference to the gearbox because it's the engaging/disengaging of parts at speed that's the issue, not out & out power with everything fixed in gear, if you get me

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 months ago #8152

Just had a phone call from Joanne at Fusion Hobbies - the price has now dropped to 699 GBP - and they are extending that to pre-orders too - so with my 10% TC subscriber discount that's 629.10 GBP :)

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 months ago #8523

I see RcMart has it in stock now too. Click here to view the page.
Not much of a bargain either - considering additional shipment and the chance of custom taxes.
Stella seems to be off line for some reason so I can't check there...

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 months ago #8541

Price at Stellamodels is $665 - but on backorder already...

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 months ago #8557

wonderlandmodels.com shows them as in stock, modelsport.co.uk shows them as on back order, fusionhobbies.com ahows them as on pre-order :S

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 4 weeks ago #9315

available now at Seidel in Germany, 639 + 3,75 shipment :cheer:

mine is on its way (I hope) :woohoo:

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 4 weeks ago #9316

Yeah! order got confirmed.
and there are already lots of spares on the Seidel site.
Tamiya - 9804616 4 for 6 bucks, those I can use for my vintage bruiser and my M38 swb.

Please let it arrive on Saterday :whistle:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 weeks ago #9595

Has it arrived then, WB?

On a different note, I just unwrapped the windscreen & noticed that it's a different material than I'd expect - looks like polyethylene rather than styrene ... optically it's poor & doesn't have a particularly shiny finish, but it's very flexible.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 2 weeks ago #9597

Yes it did, did you miss it in the mailman thread? was in the same picture as the hexes I got the same day :cheer:

I am currently rebuilding the cars I got in a sell after the bruiser, the rabbit, f102 and c1 are all rebuilded, when I have done the TF evo I will start thinking about the bruiser.
The restore of the original i did, took me 1 year so not in a hurry.
Still thinkering if and how to color the entire chassis + axles.

Oh and got that chyi bing with the osmax engine lying around in the cellar to be cleaned. think the engine is something around 84 and looks to be in fine shape. Maybe somebody can use that for spares, maybe I will do some pics and make a vintage non Tamiya thread.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.