Keyword

TOPIC:

return of the Toyota Bruiser! + hop-ups 12 years 3 months ago #6416

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6418

Dang, this is going to be an expensive year.

Tom

Last edit: by TommieG.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6419

I have very mixed feelings for the rere's.:unsure: Good if it can improve on parts availability,and lower the somewhat crazy priced stuff. Sad if it leaves my Buiser worth next to nothing... But we'll have to wait and see how it will be produced, if it is a copy, or if it will be based on the F350... I at least have an original. And I feel good about that:) . Even if I feel a little sad that it will not be that unique anymore. :( If you reproduce history enough, you can destroy the historical significance of the original.:(

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6422

I really don't care much about the value of the originals. Having an original will be something special rere'd or not. Most of my old original Tamiya's have been rere'd, like the Sand Scorcher, Rough Rider, Hotshot, Boomerang, (soon to be) Supershot and Avante. It doesn't make my originals less desirable or cool. The only one I have that's not been rereleased is the Toyota 4x4 Pickup, and I'm really hoping it will be rereleased soon, as well. The rereleases makes it possible for me, and many others, to have some of the cars we watched in catalogues every evening, before dreaming of them during the night. If my original 3-speed is "worth"

Last edit: by TommieG.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6423

Totally agree! Hope it is a metal one & not a highlift - was all excited about getting a highlift when I first saw it, but after building, you realise they really are a poor lash-up of tractor-truck parts. Talking of re-res, just noticed the Blackfoot's been reincarnated again - looks more chinese than the HBX bonzer to me, but pleased to see they've gone with the nicer version of the F150 shell (Might have to see if I can aquire the body for a project)

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6427

I'll want to see pictures before I start planning to sell a kidney :whistle:

Based on Tamiya's recent performance, it could be:

1 - A genuinely faithful recreation, maybe a few cheanges to make things a bit tougher, and fake sponsor logos

2 - A faithful body, but on a highlift chassis with big wheels :(

3 - a lexan body on a Wild Dagger/Twin Det./BF3 chassis :sick:

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6430

Yes, of course, that's the other thing isn't it - if it's a faithfull repro of the original, it'll come with a pricetag similar to vintage NIB ones I suspect. Won't get too excited just yet then - it could be like 1985 all over again, wanting it but can't find enough organs to sell to own it....

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6434

This is interesting!
Who will be first to publish a picture of it?? I challenge you... :evil:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6442

- hilux hilft chassis
- 2.2 wheels n tyre (cr01)
- bruiser body ( but same mold with hilux hilift + canopy)

But who knows??? I'm only guessing.........

Re: return of the Toyota Bruiser! 12 years 3 months ago #6601

This is running on TC at the moment . Pic , of the Bruiser . TC member RA1028
Has put up the pic .
Looks to be an original Bruiser , Is coming ..............

Last edit: by matman.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.