Keyword

TOPIC:

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21060

Builds and $$ are thin right now, so while digging around for things to do I found some 2mm styrene sheet. Further digging found an extra Sand Scorcher body set.
Wild hair in the bum has commenced, a Split Window Scorcher.
Now to figure out to get it all done.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21073

Wow. This is gonna take a while. I don't have a panel scriber any more so I'm making do. Would have been nice so I didn't have to cut the vents completely out then glue in individual slats.
Attachments:

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21089

Total failure on the vents. Gotta try again. Found a lexan cutter I forgot I had, so I might be able to scribe the vents in instead of adding slats after the fact.

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21093

I have seen one before on TC I think it was. The guy made a mistake that they used to make on the 1/1 cars as well. They never extend the vents! I am glad to see you did not neglect this part!

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21094

Total failure on the vents. Gotta try again. Found a lexan cutter I forgot I had, so I might be able to scribe the vents in instead of adding slats after the fact.

Have you tried cutting with sewing thread?

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21106

I have seen one before on TC I think it was. The guy made a mistake that they used to make on the 1/1 cars as well. They never extend the vents! I am glad to see you did not neglect this part!

I'm an air-cooled VW freak so I would never forget to put in the proper vents. May even try to make the tip of the W deck lid.
Haven't tried thread yet. May wait till I can get a broach file.

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21109

I'm following this one!
I am also a Air cooled VW freak so this is right up my alley.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21193

Not quite scale on the vents. Scraped a few $$ together so I'm gonna take the 1.5 hour trip to the LHS and get some 1mm rod. Got 1.6 on the left and 1mm sheet on the right. Hoping the 1mm rod will look proper and be able to get all 20 slats in on each side.
If I can get this done proper I'm gonna make a scale Herrod Helper wing from brass sheet.
Attachments:

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21194

Looking good! I would definitely go with the 1mm. Is your LHS really 1.5hrs away? I would go mad!

Project Split Scorcher 10 years 11 months ago #21195

Looking good! I would definitely go with the 1mm. Is your LHS really 1.5hrs away? I would go mad!

Thanks. Yep, an hour and a half each way. It's very hard on me, especially since it's a Hobby Town that has no Tamiya or RC4WD stuff and where I grew up there was 5 or 6 hobby shops within a 20 min. drive.
Hobby Towns motto should be, "If it's not Traxxas we have no clue."

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.