Quick picture of the rims

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9350

Different light idea

Side shot with the ladder up to the escape hatch

And detail of the exhaust

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9352

Good stuff, dude. I'll be following the progress. B)
Maybe you can have a look at the link bajaboy5b posted about weathering in another thread :

www.scalemodelg...eathering/

:y:

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9353

Thanks Edou, funny thing is, I found that site last night. Great minds think alike...

Here is how she stands:

All the windows and doors have been cut out, and now I'll start with the long task of the interior...

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9355

Nice work :y: :)

I did have some thoughts on an overall look, first thought was a riot Police van, "weathering" optional :whistle:

If you wanted something a little less aggressive, paint it green & stick a radar dish on it - this may be a little top heavy though: :D

Similar theme, but civilianised for tornado chasing:

& you can't go wrong with a fire truck:

:)
Attachments:

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9366

Almost finished the interior. Managed to make it completely removable. I must just finish the driver and passenger seats. And then I was thinking of placing a radar dish on the back, therefore I would place a radar guy behind the passenger seat, with a computer station.

This opening will have the switches in it, for the lights, power, and I'm thinking of making a working mine sweeping device.

Dashboard

Radar guys spot

More soon.

Last edit: by Louisbaby.

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9368

... And then I was thinking of placing a radar dish on the back, ...

Inspiration, or coincidence? ;)

Excellent work on the interior :y:

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9373

Pics kinda remind me of a Humber "Pig" we keep seeing at local vintage shows - they were used in Northern Ireland for crowd control & are fitted with a huge front bumper, which is affectionately referred to as a "Paddy-pusher"!

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9380

So this is my plan for the interior of e truck. Radar station I will create just behind the passenger seat.

Something like that anyway, I'll see how it turns out with the space I've got.

This is the radar equipment I'm looking to build on the back. If all goes well, it will extend with the aid of a motor and gearbox, and the equipment on the top will move as well.

And lastly, this is something that I might add to the front.

A motorized mine sweeper. I think if I do build it, I'll make it removeable so it can be left behind if there are no mines in the area the truck will be sent...
But finally some progress on the build. I tackled the amoured door. I wanted it to have a working handle, so here is my attempt.

Door closed...

Door opened...

And here is a picture of the servo horn latch I made...

Tomorrow I'll tackle the top escape hatch, also with a working latch. And the switch cover, also with a working latch or magnetically latched. But that is for tomorrows thoughts...

Re: Project Unknown 11 years 11 months ago #9381

Pics kinda remind me of a Humber "Pig" we keep seeing at local vintage shows - they were used in Northern Ireland for crowd control & are fitted with a huge front bumper, which is affectionately referred to as a "Paddy-pusher"!

I wanted to build a pig originally, have tons of info on that truck, but I don't know why I didn't? Maybe my next build...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.