Keyword

TOPIC:

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38690

Easy Off oven cleaner strips paint off and doesn't hurt the plastic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38764

Assembled & some of the decals on ... I've never really liked sponsor decals on the Ranger, so I may not put on any more than this ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, juggnutty

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38771

I love it :y: Iconic Ranger

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38775

Looking at the MSDS for the stuff, it's 85 to 92.5% unspecified (so considered non-hazardous, and therefore probably not at all active), two varieties of organic solvent, and the thing that separates the "heavy duty" from the "fume free" is Sodium Hydroxide ... also known as lye ... or caustic soda.

Given that, and that's it's not available off the shelf in the UK, I'll be trying De-Solv-It Graffiti Remover as I already have some of that & know it'll work - I appreciate the thought though :)

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38779

Looking at the MSDS for the stuff, it's 85 to 92.5% unspecified (so considered non-hazardous, and therefore probably not at all active), two varieties of organic solvent, and the thing that separates the "heavy duty" from the "fume free" is Sodium Hydroxide ... also known as lye ... or caustic soda.

Given that, and that's it's not available off the shelf in the UK, I'll be trying De-Solv-It Graffiti Remover as I already have some of that & know it'll work - I appreciate the thought though :)

Oven cleaner doesn't work well on all paints. costic soda one is efficient on X XF PC paints (not too old) and thin. It works on lexan bodies but not leave it too many time. de-solv-it or same works well. (not on lexan :blush: ) I found equivalent in France in spray . Break fluid like oven cleaner, I think that the best pant remover is the sand blasting. (look the Andy's beetle body). I tried to clean it but the result was poor.
For the common guy the de-solv-it is the more efficient.

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 10 months ago #39104

Graffitti Remover got the paint off Andy's wheel outer very quickly... as it didn't match the other 3 (too clean) & there was no guarantee of them ever matching again, I decided to paint them. No interim steps I'm afraid, here's the set primed, painted (alpine white + clear), with new rubber, and fasteners from the spares box:

:)
Attachments:

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 10 months ago #39106

:) nice. I am waiting for the ss and super champ lot to see how many châssis I can build Exactly. And I am sure that I will need advices. The wheeles are the same as the brat ones? For the ranger?

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 10 months ago #39108

:) nice. I am waiting for the ss and super champ lot to see how many châssis I can build Exactly. And I am sure that I will need advices. The wheeles are the same as the brat ones? For the ranger?

Ranger front wheels have a deeper "dish", they have about 2.5mm offset compared to the Brat & Pajero wheelie :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 10 months ago #39109

:y: thnk you Jonny

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 10 months ago #39119

Those wheels came up excellent JR, Hard to believe the're not packet fresh B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.