Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23085

I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap Wild Willy chassis to put any leftover bits on - today I won this:

:blink: / :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23095

nice find, most of the plastic looks to be Ok except for the coat of timeless patina. :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23107

I'm getting a bit supicious now - my paypal payment is still showing as "unclaimed", it was charged to my card immediately, but has not reached the seller as, according to Paypal, "The recipient of this payment is Unregistered".

:huh: How is that even possible? Given that eBay & Paypal have been the same company, and how big they claim to be on buyer protection, how can they let a seller use an unregistered & therefore totally unverified email address to recieve payments? :huh:

@ waterbok - take a look at the mechanism box cover :S

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23113

I did and most of it is there, even got its ears still on and most of the holes are the ones that should be there. (or did I miss something and I need glasses)

Did they gave you the correct PP adress, I had one with a typo once and PP still took the money and had it as unclaimed.

Just missed out on a 25€ Sandscorcher on a local fleabasket site :pinch:

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23190

All worked out ok - I got in touch with the seller & had a message back, then it showed up as paid on eBay, and the chassis arrived this morning.

I never got a Paypal receipt though :huh:

Chassis itself is fairly honest, though it's obviously had a long and hard life.

I may have to get on & strip + clean it very soon, it's hard to believe something that filthy is _not_ spreading pestilence & disease :blink: :silly:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23206

Chassis, as arrived:

This is one of the better tyres ... note yellowed wheel, and ...

... woodscrew holding it on. Bearings are past their best :whistle:

I'm not sure what to do with the tyres ... I might try saving them just to see if it's possible...

Front bulkhead is broken :(

Had a brain fart on the mechanism box lid... the original "SWB" version is supposed to have extra holes :whistle:

Note wires holding front kingpins in, and split pin holding steering rods on:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23207

Mechanism box is missing the servo/MSC plate - just what do people do with these? It's not as if you can use them for other chassis...

Note hole in rear arms stays (it's not supposed to be bent, BTW) - slots in "LWB" Willys make the wheelbase a whole 10mm longer...

Note lack of aluminium guard doodad on lower gearbox, another SWB telltale...

Rear stock collar is split :blink:

Rear body mounts are going to need some thought :whistle:

Some melting going on here...

Motor spacers missing ... although there is evidence that at least one was fitted at some point ...

That's it for now :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23209

That's it for now :)

Glad you're still smiling. :S ;)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23213

:laugh: The motor pinion seems to be in good state... Are some spares ok on your Cesar Compression JR? :silly:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23610

I've ultrasonically cleaned everything except the chassis tub & the mechanism box lid ... no major updates - but I think this chassis exhibited a whole new level of mingingitude I hadn't previously seen on an RC car :blink: :sick:

The tyres were beyond saving, but I have come up with a wish list of parts ... I'm thinking Waterbok is my best bet ;)

These are all for an M38 SWB, but AFAIK they are interchangeable with the LWB version & other cars on a similar chassis ...

First up - front suspension bulkhead (part J3) & aluminium "Underguard":

Servo/MSC "Switch Stay":

1x e22 "Ball Adjuster":

A rear body post - quite happy to have one as a complete assembly (as they don't tend to come apart again :whistle:), but I really just need an F12 ("Rear Catch Base") & F3 ("Rear Catch Spring"):

1 each of G1 and J1 for a rear shock:

1x G5 (front wheel spacer):

Pair of H4 motor spacers:

Quite happy to pay shipping & something for the parts :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds