Keyword

TOPIC:

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26150

Wonderful topic!

I just signed up on the forum so I could follow the progress on your Fox restoration.
I dug my old Fox out of the garage yesterday and think I will do the same thing.

You have inspired me!

Welcome on board :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26163

Wonderful topic!

I just signed up on the forum so I could follow the progress on your Fox restoration.
I dug my old Fox out of the garage yesterday and think I will do the same thing.

You have inspired me!

thanks man,wot a compliment,if you need any help theres plenty on this forum.you have inspired me also to get a move on with this,lol :blink:

its getting a bit cold in the garage these days :cry: so its lucky ive all but finished the actual build on this,just neet to paint the bodyshell,i will have to wait until next year now though,ive missed the boat on the warmer weather :lol:

are you going to do a resto? if so il look forward to following it :y:

thanks larbut for your great comments

jtf :y:

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26171

My next step now the front end is almost complete is to rub down and polish the side bumpers

al rubbed down and ready to polish

fitted

i also fitted the ball joints

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26193

i started work on the gearbox shafts

i split them in half and cleaned out the moly grease,this stuff is hard to shift even with a wd-40 soak overnight.

i managed to get the worst out then lobed them in the us cleaner for a good steaming

they came out well in the end,i didnt replace with moly grease i used graphite grese instead.
i put some o rings on the end of the rubber boots to help seal them better from dirt and whatever else is likely to damage these guys

retightend sleves

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26194

jubbly :y:
Attachments:

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26200

i fitted these lugs,if your running a vintage 6v hump pack or is it a 7.2v... i dont think you fit them? :unsure: .im using a 7.2v stick pack so on they go :)

i will at some point make a case for a standard stick pack so it fits snuggly in the space :pinch:
Attachments:

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26201

Nice looking resto!
Have you seen the write-up on the re-re version 'Novafox'?
Page 56 in this month's Racer magazine.
Always wanted one in the 80's... but may consider the new release :evil:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Fox Resto... 10 years 6 months ago #26214

Hi porsche959boy

i havent seen the write up of the novafox,unfortunatly i dont subscribe to the mag,how did they rate it?

i was lucky enough to be brought one from my other half a few months back,me and my boy have taken it out loads,its a great car.

im glad you like the resto mate,its taken me a while to get it to this point,im still undecided wot do do with it when its done....shelfer or runner :unsure:

its a tough one,when you put so much time/effort into something do you take it out to get wrecked or chuck it on a shelf to look at :huh:

jtf :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds