Keyword

TOPIC:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25499

Somewhere a cross-channel ferry is missing a section of lower deck flooring :D ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25502

:lol: it is flooring jonny,rubber floor tiles from a job i did about 10 years ago.

i was refitting the tardis in 1985 :laugh: :y:

i never noticed before but those rubber tiles were made by pirelli :blink:

jtf :y:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25515

servo time i think

time to test them and put them in a neutral position then a straight build

i would put more pics on but when i come to upload them it kicks me off,does anyone else have this problem?

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25518

i would put more pics on but when i come to up load them it kicks me off,does anyone else have this problem?

If the size of your images are to large and I think it's only 8 pic'd per post.
www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25519

cool thanks andy,im happy with puting 6 or 7 at a time on its no biggie,its when i go for 8 it boots me off :y

onto the next step after an epic upload fail B)

the fox steering is a thing of beauty i think,its unique in its own right,not everyones brew but i like it :whistle:
but not the most stable steering set up ive seen i imagine it would break easily after a moderate knock in the right place,
the nova fox steering set up seems to be a lot more stable and secure,but as tamiya nut said re re's do lack pedigree
and some can be a lash up to fix old problems,either way i still prefer the old fox steering set up.just my humble opinion :P

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25520

onwards and upwards :)

fixing the msc to the servo,one word.WOW

a quick test again,when i tested it like this it picked up 3 speeds,however when it was assembled i only got one speed and that was flat out??? :blink:

i was a bit worried at first because i thought i was missing the ally spacer so thought i had to make one,but i had a quick look see in my rubber parts bag and found this :woohoo:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25521

speedo plate slightly bent,maybe thats why i cant get a consistent speed,im a bit stuck on this one maybe one of you kind fellows could shine a light :y:

nearly done

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25522

its like workin in a bowl of spagghetti doing this little beauty,wires everywhere,i should have shares in maplin or something ;)

all done,well that was an experiance,it looks great though,im very happy with the results

wot do you guys think so far?

jtf :y:
Attachments:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25523

a quick test again,when i tested it like this it picked up 3 speeds,however when it was assembled i only got one speed and that was flat out??? :blink:

That's with the resistors fitted in both cases? Because you seem to have "lost" them in the later photos :huh:
The following user(s) Liked this: jon_the_fox

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25524

speedo plate slightly bent,maybe thats why i cant get a consistent speed,im a bit stuck on this one maybe one of you kind fellows could shine a light :y:

IIRC the GRP plate can be fitted either way up - if you fit it the other way up, the way it's bent with age will help with contact rather than hinder it :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds