Keyword

TOPIC:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25351

Hi guys

Well here goes,my fox resto that ive been promising myself to do for some time.

ive umed and ared about doing this resto thread for a while now,so i have actually started doing bits and bobs before hand so some stages might be missing but im sure you will get the jist.

i have owned this car for some time now,roughly about a year or so,ive never done a resto thread before so please bear with me,il try and wing it for now :ohmy:

i will try and include as many pics as possible.i have been collecting bits for this car for a while now,the fox is my favorite car to date so il try and do it justice in this thread :woohoo: :y:

so heres the car when it arrived at my door,thanks postie

this was the sellers photo

she wasnt in to bad shape to be honest the body wasnt in to bad of a condition,just painted badly and some minor splits

the servo thingy was broken,a usual sight for a fox apparently,one rear wishbone was split slightly and the usual cracks in the wishbones where the screw pins locate.apart from that just the usual scratches and war damage.

jtf :y:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25352

Nice car Jon i have a re release Nova Fox kit that im planning on doing a build thread on soon so ill follow this with interest to see the differences :y:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25358

hi tamiya nut,and thanks the fox is a great car.

my missus got me the nova fox as a suprise pressie ive yet to put photos on because i was just to excited to get it built and take it out to eat dirt,

i wont let the cat out the bag and tell u what improvements they made :evil: :pinch:

here some pictures of the strip down

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25363

:pinch: Very used but not too poor a good job to do

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25364

Looks like a good basis for a resto i have never owned a fox before so wouldnt know the differences anyway so dont worry about letting the cat out the bag.

You cannot beat an original re releases are nice but originals look better in my opinion and have the pedigree :laugh: i see you have a new set of decals i was looking around for a set myself to replace the nova fox decals but i have had no luck they are quite rare and expensive when they do come up on ebay. at least you can fall back on the re release for things like wheels at affordable prices :y:

looking forward to the thread :)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25367

Felix escaped some time ago: link . I'll also add that the inside of the rear wheels is slightly different too - there's now a raised line around where the hubs sit.

:)

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25368

tamiya nut ive seen some repo decals on the bay for quite cheap,aparently not bad copys,i have to admit the only nova fox part i got for this car was the nova fox gear case sprue.

it had a new steering thingy on it,the nova fox does'nt use this part anymore but it was nice of mr tamiya to use the same mould from back in the day and supply this part,

thanks mr tamiya :y:

some more pics i think

this is the old steering thingy

i had already cleaned the gears prior to this resto,but they were well manky virtualy black,i have pictures of the gear cases tho ewww :sick:

yum yum

jtf :y:

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25410

heres the new parts i collected :y:

a few new parts,i got these before the nova fox was released,cha ching,some cost me big bucks :huh:

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25432

some of theses parts need some attention

im sure this car had a nasty knock to the front left hand side :ohmy:

all cleaned so ready to get cracking with the build :pinch:

jtf

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

Fox Resto... 10 years 7 months ago #25443

the wheels look reuseable id be tempted to put them in bleach to remove the remaining gold then wet and dry them lightly to remove imperfections on the edges then spray them up another colour B)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds