Keyword

TOPIC:

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26532

:( I had the same matter this week. A friend sent me a blackfoot xtreme and the post crash the package. Result: the rear upper shocks fixation is brocken and some screws missed. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26533

:( I had the same matter this week. A friend sent me a blackfoot xtreme and the post crash the package. Result: the rear upper shocks fixation is brocken and some screws missed. :(

I bought a vintage frog via e-bay and when it arrived some bits where missing that where there in the picture... The rest of it was soooo lovely I didn't want to send it back though. What do you do? I guess it's ebay, you pays-yer-money.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26545

I didn't buy it on eBay just from a friend but the french postal services are very poor.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26590

• stevieg
  • stevieg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
Made a bit of progress,stripped and cleaned the mechanism box,it only had 2channel installed (what's the point in having a 3 speed? :dry: ) so the nice nos Acoms servos have been installed,the box has been polished and rebuilt as far as i can go at the moment,i need to get rod for the gearbox shifter servo and sort out the battery plug.

I've also started the tedious job of stripping the old paint off using DOT4,it's going quite well,just the nooks and crannys left now.Im really happy with the condtion of the shell,much better than i could hoped for!
:)

Last edit: by stevieg.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26592

Great job so far, keep up the great work :y:

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26597

The wing/roof on these has always put me off (even though I know it makes the Blazer a realistic model of the 1:1 racer it's based on), but the more I see, the more I like it :)

I can't help think you've been premature installing the servos, the battery plug wiring on the MSC is cringeworthy - ideally it needs completely replacing, at the very least you need to winkle the pins out of the connector & get some heatshrink on there, or some of the more period correct stretchy rubber tubing, the correct name of which escapes me at the moment.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26600

• stevieg
  • stevieg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around

The wing/roof on these has always put me off (even though I know it makes the Blazer a realistic model of the 1:1 racer it's based on), but the more I see, the more I like it :)

I can't help think you've been premature installing the servos, the battery plug wiring on the MSC is cringeworthy - ideally it needs completely replacing, at the very least you need to winkle the pins out of the connector & get some heatshrink on there, or some of the more period correct stretchy rubber tubing, the correct name of which escapes me at the moment.

Im waiting until i have obtained the correct 6V 4000Mah 'slab' battery,then i'll whip the speed controller out and completely replace the battery wire.

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26603

...stretchy rubber tubing, the correct name of which escapes me at the moment.

Could that be "Hellermann tubing"? Make sure you get some "Virgin-Urgers" (or "Honeymoon Pliers") to help you install it :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26604

...stretchy rubber tubing, the correct name of which escapes me at the moment.

Could that be "Hellermann tubing"? Make sure you get some "Virgin-Urgers" (or "Honeymoon Pliers") to help you install it :lol:

That's the stuff :y: ... And the Lube :whistle: :silly:

Blazing Blazer Resoration 10 years 5 months ago #26738

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stevieg

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds