Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 6 days ago #75863

In addition to the gearset, I also did some enhancements to the Super Wheelie/Big Bear gearbox. 

The modifications are the following :
  • inclusion of ball bearing MR63ZZ (3x6x2.5) at each ends of the idle gear shaft. This will require to increase the diameter of the hole in the metal plate slightly, but ultimately will remove some of the issues with the gearbox
  • slightly increase the diameter for the motor location. As matter of fact, it is one of the difficulty with those machines : with the original gearbox, you can put a standard modern silver can as they are done slightly different : you have to put it using force, and it results sometimes in broken parts
I have no pics of the test fit, but I've check and everything is fine. The test part will be put on the side for the time being, it is going to be part of a printed car :-D... But this is for later on.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 6 days ago #75864

I finally put the gearsets as files on Cults3D - search for "Marui 2WD" and you should find them.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 6 days ago #75867

Now that internals are tackled, it's time to deal with what is around...

I took the printed parts, a brushless and tried to figure out...

The motor cap will require a modification for this, for the contact tabs, the sensor and since the motor is slightly longer than a 540 another modification to reinforce the part, and let's not forget the wheelie bar and the suspension arms that goes on that part...

It's now ready to print. I'll have to review the Wheelie bar attachments and to design one for the Big Bear as well...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 5 days ago #75868

Will the gearbox resist to a brushless?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 5 days ago #75869

It seems you have not look at my previous posts :-)
I'm pretty comfy now with the transmission setup and the mods I've done on the gearbox to add ball bearings on ths idle gear shaft... It should support the load, unless you go totally crazy with the motor...
And anyway, the target is for me to build a very unique Super Wheelie with this :-)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 11 hours ago #75895

Holidays started after a hard day of work... And it is time to get ready for next steps on this project...

I prepared some clusters for MJF PA12 prints.

Front Arms

Rear Arms

Wheelie Bar

The target is to get them printed in White, so I can dye them in a specific color (I said my Super Wheelie will be a bit special :-) )

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 9 months 2 hours ago #75897

As I'm doing this for the Super Wheelie, I feel the need of doing it as well for the Big Bear...

Next steps : 
- Review the chassis to enhance it a bit (give a few millimeters more for more battery pack compatibility, few reinforcement, shocks mount(thinking about it, at least), some elements to ease cable management
- Prepare a gearbox cluster. Not sure if I do a brushed and brushless version or one that do both (with the two motor caps)
- the plan is to publish the files (all clusters and unitary parts), and to include a step file for the brushless motor cap so one can eventually modify it to suit his own brushless motor

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 4 weeks ago #75900

Pink for your daughter?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 4 weeks ago #75901

That is something I didn't even thought about :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 4 weeks ago #75903

Since last post, I made quite a few modifications to the chassis...

I first added some room to give wider choice of Lipo packs

Then I added some holes in order to be able to pass cables more easily (when you can, it really makes sense to do it) and some other reinforcements...

The body mounts are very frequently lost when the poles to mount them are broken. That means many of the chassis are going to miss them. I adapted the poles to Tamiya Frog body mounts...

Once the chassis work was over, I did put the gearbox part together in a cluster (for many providers, one stl instead of 4 to print is much lower cost).

I'm getting closer to have finished the work on this chassis. I have thought about various solutions for the shocks mount, but i'm 100% happy with none of them, so that means it will have to wait for a better idea... 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.