Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76042

Back in eighties, in France, there was a specific racing category for 1/10 electric powered wheelie cars... And the Super Wheelies were highly represented in that category... Many cars had supsension mods, with addition of hydraulic shocks, and there was even an article in one of the rc magazine to indicate how to mod the chassis for race: rc-paper.com/de...0058&pg=42

I took some inspiration of this and decided to add some shocks to my Super Wheelie chassis (Maybe I shhould have done this before I ordered my final validation parts, actually).

I modified the front arms and made a specific cluster for it

Then I pulled all the elements with the chassis and start to work out the fixation, with a mock up of some Tamiya mini CVA for TT02 I had sitting there...

Then I build up some fixations...

It was clear that I need to position the anchor points higer...

At the end I had this for the front, with the bodyshell on top of it. I believe this should work as well with the Big Bear, but I'll need to check with the Land Cruiser and CJ-7 bodyshells

On the rear side, I'm still thinking about the right way to do... This is my first version, but I might change approach. There is a bit of constraints, and I do not really want to dig holes on the rear side to put the shocks vertically...

Let's see how it goes...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76049

I pursued the work on the rear side and adjusted shocks hook positions

The setup will rely on a combined shock/spring, not like the front. Any other setup would require to work differently and make dramatic changes to the chassis...

I also checked the range... Like the front, it reproduces the original range...

The same approach can be used for the Big Bear. I'll work this out later...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76051

I applied the exact same principles for the Big Bear than for the Super Wheelie.

On the front, arms are modified to include a shock mount, and a super structure is added on top of the chassis, including a brace to reinforce the chassis...

And for the rear, I'm using exactly the same super structure and parts than for the Super Wheelie...

Here is the full chassis view...

And for the safe of checking it doesn't interfere with the wheels...

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76052

Like the orv for the rear shocks. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76107

ORV like for the rear part was the plan...

I will need to print body accessories for my almost fully printed model...

I started to put the roll cage parts together with joints to be able to prepare the clusters...

Then I added all the accessories for the Super Wheelie bodies. The front part of the spare wheel was slightly modified as I noticed the inter distance of the holes are not the same for Land Cruiser and Super Wheelie. This way, the cluster can be used with my Mitsubishi body, the CJ-7 original body or the Land Cruiser original body. This is also the reason there is Two rear parts for the rear of the spare wheel : one is opened, and the second one is plain...

I then made a decision to build 2 clusters : one with only the roll cage parts - very often damaged on the cars I saw, and one with everything (it will require paint for the white front of the lights at least, but it will save impression costs).

The roll cage parts cluster is itself a copy paste as new before adding other parts...

Next prepare a version with leds enabled for the roll cage midlle part (targeted for TPU print to give some flexibility allowing to attach the lights permanently), a cluster for Shocks mod parts, and the main body cluster (body, dashboard and windshield)...

The overall plan is coming together :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76116

Work continues...

I assembled bodyshell, dashboard and windshield...

And since my target is a printed body with leds, I did that as well for my own body...

Then I prepared a roll cage compoenent allowing for leds. The leds will be locked with a small screw (M2x8)...

I put the locks with the roll cage so they can be printed together (possibly TPU, as the integration of the lights in the middle bar makes requirement for flexibility)...

I also made a version of the body with  leds and roll cage part (I've not decided yet if I'll use it)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76118

I love your printing trees. 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76137

Some chassis parts printed in MJF PA12 arrived today...

I've already done some checks but without pictures so you'll get the results later :-)

In the meantime I've done the remaining clusters...

One for the Big bear front arms ready for shocks and another one including all the parts required for shocks enhancement with drilling template for my enhanced chassis (and also one with drilling templates for the stock chassis).

Ultimately, that is a lot of parts!

Next step : Sunday or Monday, with official test fit of all those parts...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76154

Fitting test, phase 1.

Enhanced chassis :
1. with Big Bear original body, all good

2. with Land Cruiser original body, all good

3. with CJ-7 Golden Eagle body, all good

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76155

Gearbox halves : All good!

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, mirrorman

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.