Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 4 weeks ago #75908

That is something I didn't even thought about :-)

The daisy's cj in dukes of hazard? Or a french fire vehicle or a police one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 4 weeks ago #75909

Don't even try... Time will tell :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 3 weeks ago #75988

Some times that I've not posted...
As said, the real project I have in mind is slightly unique...

Marui RC catalog for the year 1986 displayed a kit which was never released... It was planned, and it even appeared on some importer catalogs...

I have modeled the CJ-7 and the Land Cruiser, there is some common design cues, some invariant dimensions, and some assumptions to do, but I believe I can get there...

Analysis of the two body shell shows some key informations. Cage is shorter on the front for the Land Cruiser and that is the one I'm going to use. As matter of fact, I believe the image from the catalog was not a final version. It in fact used the CJ-7 roll cage. And that would mean a much larger bodyshell... So something is wrong. But anyway, I'll proceed with the Land Cruiser roll cage configuration as a basis. 

The structure of the body shell is a mix between the two original bobyshells...

The front part is defined by the grill and the position of the headlights... So we need to start there, as it will define the larger of the front area

After some tests, I went with something which I believe could be it...

We have a nice front face definition...

From there, it is time to add the surrounds...

There is still a lot of work, but it starts to shape...

And the roll cage will allow to define the windshield position...

I got many difficulty with confusion360 : sometimes locked sketches unlock themselves few sketches later on, and the bodyshell is getting tear down appart... Maybe the previous update was the culprit, as I don't see this happening anymore this afternoon after another update...

There is still a lot of work, but it is on going. I slightly modified the Enhance chassis to allow for usage with all Marui Super Wheelie and Big Bear bodyshells (it required to remove some material on the top of the extensions I made for higher battery compatibility but that should be fine now)...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 3 weeks ago #75989

That's amazing. Always a precision work.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #75990

That's amazing. Always a precision work.

Precision guess work, rather :-)

Following the last post, I had a doubt... My assumption for the front of the roll cage don't compute : too much space between the roll cage and the walls of the bodyshell...

The cluster ABS part set 2 showed 3 set of parts 23, 24, 25.

I had a look at my parts...

3 different length for the spacer used on each side on the front bar. Long is for the CJ-7, Short for the Land Cruiser, Medium is for the Mitsubishi, and the Mitsubishi jeep was in the Marui master plan from the beginning of the Super Wheelie series...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #75996

Lot of work being done those last two days...

Added rear details...

And on the top... The way it is mocked up in the original pictures from the catalog would make it impossible to put the body pins and to put the roll cage in place, I believe. I decided to make it simple...

Added some detais on the side and it is almost complete...

The driver scan fits in there...

Roll cage based on medium extensions works well...

Time to work on the Windshield, and mapping is first...

It's in place now, with wipers, and I also reviewed the doors cut

And finally added some details on the dashboard...

It will be time to add the suspensions and it will be over for CAD work...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #75997

Joints... Not very hard, especially when you have all the sub assembly jointed already

And here we have the Marui Mitsubishi Jeep MT60-RC09

What do you think?

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #75998

Perfect. Le chaînon manquant. 👍

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76013

A family pictures was required :-)

Then renderings...

And this is not over. I will make one Mitsubishi Jeep, for sure... But I want it to have leds...
Rear is easy to deal with!

Front requires a bit more work, but nothing impossible. The glass is taking the original design, but reviewed to be snapped on the reflector (which is included in the body shell)...

Maybe I should add a lock feature... And I also need to work out the roll cage for this...

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76027

Lovely mitsu

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.