Keyword

TOPIC:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29537

Completed rebuilding the chassis and electrics, I'm still working on the new wheels (currently in the process of painting) then it's on to the body shell :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29540

I don't think I've seen one of those in bits before ... Interesting chassis, it looks like a blend of Spital, Wild Willy M38 & possibly even Lunchbox :silly: :)

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29547

I don't think I've seen one of those in bits before ... Interesting chassis, it looks like a blend of Spital, Wild Willy M38 & possibly even Lunchbox :silly: :)

I think you could be right with that surmisal :blink:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29548

So then, After gluing and screwing the newly modified rims together they have received on the back, 1 coat of black primmer and 1 coat of flat black topcoat. After leaving them for a day I masked up the back section and have applied 2 coats of grey etch primmer to the front, I'll now leave them for another day before applying 2 topcoats and leaving them to harden over the week I'll then fit the tyres and see if they look as good as I had hoped :cheer:

In between primmer coats I stripped the body down, the driver has been well glued together so there's no chance of taking him apart to detail (that should make him fun to paint :pinch:)
I'm picking the Wife up from the airport tonight so I'll stop on the way and grab some gear to removed the old paint from the body and I can start that process during the week :sick:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29561

Nice work Andy B) thats too nice for a kid to smash up now tell his dad to buy him a traxxas or hpi to destroy and keep that for yourself :y:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29565

:P I'm ok with nut :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29566

The shell does it for me, you can keep the rest though!
Love the look of the old Datsun 720 (Had the Kingcab version 1:1 for a bit - awful heap but looked nice).

Does anyone know what the story is with these Japanese trucks sporting stepside bucks? (Re Hilux & this), fairly sure they didn't make them like that?

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29571

Nice work Andy B) thats too nice for a kid to smash up now tell his dad to buy him a traxxas or hpi to destroy and keep that for yourself :y:

I know right :laugh: However it's not that fast judging from motor/gearbox tests so it's unlikely to hit anything fast :unsure:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29578

The shell does it for me, you can keep the rest though!
Love the look of the old Datsun 720 (Had the Kingcab version 1:1 for a bit - awful heap but looked nice).

Does anyone know what the story is with these Japanese trucks sporting stepside bucks? (Re Hilux & this), fairly sure they didn't make them like that?

It seems there is a 1:1 version, it's called a Chevy Luv

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 9 months ago #29579

Found a couple of pics of my old Datsun 720 King cab, for your entertainment

Fairly sure that's what the Datsun Big Bear was based on, just haven't seen any with a stepside buck on them.
The Tamiya Kingcab was based on the later version, the Nissan (Datsun) D21
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.