Keyword

TOPIC:

Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10402

I was puzzled by the price, but looking at all the pictures shows that a good listing is worth quite some dollars.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10416

It's a very good looking example - shame about the lack of decals & what's been done to the tyres though ...

"Professionally Restored" ??? I have to call bull on that one :whistle:

RC Car Restorer is not a profession, because it's simply not economic to pay someone a professional rate to restore a car. A cheap 1:1 garage is 30 GBP an hour labour, a main dealer for a "prestige" marque 100+ ... not counting the purchase cost + the cost of any parts, and depending on the state of the thing originally, you could easily spend 100 hours on a restoration, even at 30GBP/h that's half as much again as an the most expensive NIB example :blink:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10420

...& someone else hasn't....
Just bought this for 23 quid, purely so I can join in the Willy jokes!
Needs some polishing....
Attachments:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10421

Nice buy :y: looks like the grill is missing :laugh:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10423

...I can join in the Willy jokes!...

I was trying to come up with a quick delivery/having your Willy on hand quickly joke, but it's too early in the morning;)

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10435

Well spotted Waterbok!
I need to grille my willy, perhaps Jonny can help me by measuring his?
I need a Jonny for my Willy?
I wonder what day the postman will arrive, with my Willy in his arms?
That's enough of that for the mo.... Does anyone know what the differences are between the M38 body & the WW2 body? (Already noticed the grille's different) ie would a WW2 fit an M38 without huge mods?

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10436

Yep, will fit, do you have the windscreen with the hinges, if yes you will have to drill some more holes in your Willy

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10438

There are lots of tiny detail changes, but the main ones (after the grille & the windscreen) is there two holes in the bonnet on the WW2 instead of one on the M38 :)

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10472

Cheers guys! Not really concerned with getting it original-looking, really wanna get it into an operational state for a bit of Willy action! As I keep saying, my bro & I used to spend hours looking in Barney's Models shop window, the M38 was one of my favs, so it'd be nice to have one running to bring back that smile!
Waterbok - sounds painful, isn't that called a Prince Albert?

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10473

Nee, Albert goes through the hole in the front and would come out through the hole in the bonnet :sick: (mmm so one could call the M38 front mount an Albert as it pierces your Willy)
The holes for the windscreen go through the side of your Willy's body :ohmy:

(for the curious, yes google has the answer to that question)

I might have that cap lying around that comes on the front Albert spring, that yours appears to be missing to mount the body

Last edit: by waterbok.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.