Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10646

Yeah I spotted those too - suddenly 30 quid per tyre is nearly realistic! I'm all for rebuilds using genuine parts, but this chap may have to go swing.
Still undecided about the whole tyre thing anyway - if it was JUST the tyres, I'd be willing to put some effort in, but the rest of the car really is some kind of Frankenstein's monster. I've pulled it to bits & I'd say 20% of the fasteners are Tamiya ones, but even those are in the wrong place & modified to do a different job! The gearbox turned out to be surprisingly good though, the gear slipping was down to a bearing that had been lost & replaced with a piece of card.... Everything is chewed & broken, most of the bits belong to something else, the rest is original bits that have been hacked about to fix something else (eg front springs are 1x rear spring cut in half, rears aren't even Tamiya, let alone the right length or strength! Lower spring cups were used with short screws to locate the wheelie springs, king pins are brass nuts & bolts). I'm already taking pictures & machining bits up for it, so hopefully there'll be a resto write-up soon.
For the moment though, I think I'd be interested in some roll bar bits (Although broken, I've got the rear section, so I think I just need the front hoop & the side bars) & I could do with a pair of rear springs & 1x rear "damper rod" (M3x60 csk, K7)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10649

You're welcome to the rollbar loop & bits (PM or email your address); no springs or m3 x 70mm csk screws though - I had to reuse the originals as I couldn't get any replacements :(

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10656

Cheers Jonny!
I've had a day in the shed today, machined up the csk screws so don't need those any more. Also did the anti-sway screws, rear shock collars & kingpins, still an epic amount to do though! If some rear springs don't materialise by the time I need them, I'll probably just fit some suitable parallel ones & have done with it

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10721

I see someone actually bought those tyres at the asking price :blink:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10758

I saw they weren't advertised anymore, did they actually sell though?
I also say someone's selling a pair of Willys, a LWB AND a SWB in one listing

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10769

saw that one too, the swb chassis looks to be in a nice shape.

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10773

I saw they weren't advertised anymore, did they actually sell though?...

Yes they did :blink: :silly: I did check before posting that, as in the past I've been offended by stupid people assuming that something has sold if the listing is no longer live :whistle: ;)

You do have to check the listing, and even then it's not abundantly clear, for example:

"Buy it now" and "best offer" items:

"This listing has ended" + "Price x" - it didn't sell

"This listing has ended" + "Sold for x" - it sold

Auctions:

"Bidding has ended on this item" + "Starting Price x (0 bids)" - it didn't sell

"Bidding has ended on this item" + "Winning bid x" - it sold

There's also one for when an item failed to reach its reserve, but I'm not sure of the exact wording.

And of course, there's this one, which seems to appear on 20% of the RC items in my watch list:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"

... which really means "The seller dodged eBay & Paypal fees by making a deal on the side" :D :y:

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10774

...I also saw someone's selling a pair of Willys, a LWB AND a SWB in one listing

saw that one too, the swb chassis looks to be in a nice shape.

You must mean these ones ? :)

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 10 months ago #10798

Indeed I do...
I've been keeping a loose eye on M38 prices recently, mainly to work out whether or not it's worth chucking loads of money at mine. The last few LWBs I've seen went between 50-80GBP, so needless to say I laughed when I saw the BIN on that listing. I note however that the bidding's already up to 300GBP, making an SWB worth 220+GBP with my dodgy maths - are they really that desirable? Mind you, there's 220's worth of tyres on them @ 55 a pair! & yes, I still have no rubber for my Willy....

Re: Someone has made en effort to sell a WW1 11 years 4 months ago #16492

It's back!

Not quite as charming an ad as the original one though...

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.