Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 1 month ago #8110

Here is a description I found on the net, concerning what module and DP is all about:

For those of us that look at R/C gears from different vehicles and ask,

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 1 month ago #8121

Jonny, why do you think steel pinions are imperial? If you have a lump of metal, doesn't matter what it is, you can cut anything you like on it. The difference between DP & MOD is the same type of difference as UNC & metric screw threads.
The only reason that DP even exists is that a minority in the world refuse to work in base 10.
As a rule of thumb, if it's an American or English company, everything will be imperial, if it came from anywhere else in the world, it'll be metric, (Unless it's a copy)

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 1 month ago #8126

Jonny, why do you think steel pinions are imperial? ...

I'm sure steel 0.8 mod pinions, like honest politicians, tarts with hearts of gold, and solicitors that _don't_ go on holiday in the middle of your complicated house purchase, do acutally exist - you just don't see them every day :whistle:

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 1 month ago #8129

How weird! There's gotta be an explanation for it, they're no more difficult to make in any pitch or material. I'll bet it's to do with 'What car's popular' mixed with 'Is this size non-preferrred for Tamiya' eg if say HPI cars are currently popular with the race bods & the particular Tamiya competition doesn't use 0.8M, there'll be a glut of 32dp demand. Or maybe the yanks were just first off the mark with the steel gear (in dp) & because it works, nobody bothered doing a metric version

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8720

Okay, I got a template for the spreadsheet going. :)
Comments or suggestions are welcome before I move forward with it...

Aaah! Mr. T can drive you crazy. :lol:
Notice the peculiarity that the exact same pinion has a different part numbers. Both 3515014 and 3515017 should be 21T...

That's a nice delay to start with again. Like last time I tried to make some miles with the list. :side:
Gotta research if there's any difference. And make an extra column for alternative options...
Attachments:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8724

MkII, might still be subject to change though. Input is welcome. :)

Attachments:

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8737

Notice the peculiarity that the exact same pinion has a different part numbers. Both 3515014 and 3515017 should be 21T...

And they are. The pinions that are supplied have a different parts number but the spare listings are the same. :huh:
The Saint Dragon pinion also has a peculiar separate number (as discussed earlier) but the same spare parts...

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8739

MkII, might still be subject to change though. Input is welcome. :)

Edou, I like the work you, Jonny and others have done in this topic. I am planning to make this info available in The DataBase, so let me know when you believe the list is as complete as it makes the copying to the database worth while.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8741

let me know when you believe the list is as complete as it makes the copying to the database worth while.

Will do. It's first in line to be finished on my to do list. :)
Mr. T's just put up some hurdles for it to go really smooth. :lol:

Re: List of Cars / Motor Pinions 12 years 2 weeks ago #8744

Well there you have it... another interesting fact. Slowing down the process but kinda cool nonetheless.
It seems that using 0.5mod pinions and gears was (is?) a setup for racing that the Super Astute had as a basic outfit.
This reveils a new range of spare parts with optional parts numbers :

53080 18T/19T steel pinion gear set (0.5 mod) two pack
53081 20T/21T steel pinion gear set (0.5 mod) two pack
53082 22T/23T steel pinion gear set (0.5 mod) two pack

Since the pinion info is entangled enough, I won't add any spur references :

Some data has been corrected. :whistle:
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.