Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #14953

Sorry y'all, false alarm, it's Hornet giblets, hence more than adequately packed! Panic over! (You have no idea how much I've just been crapping myself over opening that!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15006

LOL! Glad to have brought some interest to your day!

On topic - Just won this:

I'll soon have more SRB gearboxes than I know what to do with! I will probably have enough bits to build an "original" and "custom" SRB.
Sponge tyres are an interesting period hop-up, not sure if I'll use them though.
My Paypal account is now empty again though :(

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15127

Yeah! TB Calendar 2013 v2.0 arrived :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15128

@Eddrick - That XR311 turned up yet?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15129

Yeah! TB Calendar 2013 v2.0 arrived :y:

I posted that by 5 day Air mail on the 27th of October :blink:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15130

I posted that by 5 day Air mail on the 27th of October :blink:

It was a bit windy the last few days, and cold, poor pigeons. :dry:

:laugh: :laugh:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15143

carefull its ORANGE!

:woohoo:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15146

You KNOW when you've been Tango'd!
That's so fruity I can almost taste it!

Yes Martin, the XR311 arrived - I was holding off posting pics as its resto was going to be the next job, but I seem to have been distracted by Grasshopper/Hornet. Must be mental putting it back together as it's likely to cost far more than just buying one, but hey ho, I'm enjoying myself...

Back to the XR311. I wasn't really sure if I was pleased with it or not to begin with - there's a few bits missing & broken that hadn't been mentioned in the listing, & I was sort of counting on getting lucky & acquiring a Rx with it, this & some servos were to be transplanted into the 'Hopper to save me some cash. However, it was cheap, mostly complete/original & the tyres & body are good. The seller appeared to be a bit "hummy" so I didn't kick up about the poor description, & thinking about it, the poor description is probably what kept the bidding under control. I think I'll have more of an opinion about it once I get stuck in to see what's what with it. Anyway, a couple of pics of what arrived...

Things that immediately jumped out at me were the broken/missing rear torsion bars, the missing front body mount slider thingies, lack of front suspension travel-limiting cam things & a complete MSC (...to copy the bits from to complete the ones Jonny sent me (Ta)).
Overall, as an unmutilated original, it's better than expected, just a nuisance about the torsion bars & Rx.
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15220

LOL! Glad to have brought some interest to your day!

On topic - Just won this:

I'll soon have more SRB gearboxes than I know what to do with! I will probably have enough bits to build an "original" and "custom" SRB.
Sponge tyres are an interesting period hop-up, not sure if I'll use them though.
My Paypal account is now empty again though :(

Still waiting for this. Still showing as not despatched :( No response to my message :cry:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15223

Don't panic yet, some sellers can be REALLY slow, & bear in mind there's a lot of people using internet cafes etc as their only internet access & probably only check their messages once a week or something. Other people never get around to marking "dispatched" etc (Or leave any feedback...)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.