Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15529

I see someone else went down that route yesterday too. Funny, all his other feedback suggests he's ok, maybe he's ill/injured/dead PC or something

Hmmm... I think something must have happened, but what can you do? To be honest I'd still rather have the parts and I'd be willing to wait if he would make contact. Maybe he'll turn up in the week the case takes to process :unsure:

This might sound stalkerish but...I have his email address from the Paypal transaction, so I found his Facebook profile easily, which has next to no security on it. (redacted). If I felt like paying 192.com I could get his full address.
I think I got lucky because he's all over the Internet because of his job, but it shows you need to be careful with security settings, especially on Facebook.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15532

Hi Martin,

I don't think this is the right place to share that kind of info....
It doesn't feel right.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15534

Hi Martin,

I don't think this is the right place to share that kind of info....
It doesn't feel right.

Cheers, Bram

I agree, that's why I haven't mentioned his name. I was just trying to point out the sort of info that is available if you don't get your security settings right.

However, received this today:

Hi there. Firstly I'd like to apologise for the delay in postage and also this message. I haven't been well and was rushed into hospital. My phone is one up from a yoghurt pot and string so haven't had the internet for the last few weeks so have been unable to contact you sooner. I will be able to post your parts first thing Monday first class. Sorry once again for the horrendous delay! Many thanks for your patience

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15539

...received this today:

Hi there. Firstly I'd like to apologise for the delay in postage and also this message. I haven't been well and was rushed into hospital. My phone is one up from a yoghurt pot and string so haven't had the internet for the last few weeks so have been unable to contact you sooner. I will be able to post your parts first thing Monday first class. Sorry once again for the horrendous delay! Many thanks for your patience

I'm impressed :whistle: how your seller managed to get all of the top three bits of eBay horse hooey (illness, internet problems, _and_ "I'll post it soon") in one message :blink:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15575

It's funny you should say that - I was in exactly the same position a few years back but was lucky I didn't have anything listed at the time. Didn't expect to be ill, didn't expect to end up in hospital, had no idea how long I was going to be in there, I have a simple mobile with no internet access, no signal in the hospital, no other internet access in there either. I was basically unexpectedly cut off from the rest of the world, & there was nothing I could do about it.

It could happen to any of us, at any time.
Whether or not the excuses were just that, doesn't really come into it. Yeah I agree you'd have to be some kind of lowlife to say something like "I was rushed into hospital" if it wasn't actually true, but given the guy's feedback history, it would appear the delay & no contact was out of character

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15584

My purchase of the NIB March 782 BMW from TJ - (member Modelmaker56) arrived today (thanks again!). All up it was two weeks from Lebanon to Australia which I thought was pretty good. The local postie has dropped of a few packets to me now and so watched me unwrap this, curious to see what it was and to check where it came from.

Obligatory pics

I would love to build this, but instead at some stage I will copy some of the parts I am missing to make a runner, leaving this one in tack.

>edit, fixed up image links<

Last edit: by yogi-bear.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15641

Cool! So that's what they look like when they haven't been mutilated! (re: my F2 van).
I actually enjoyed running mine, although it's a 380 motor, there's plenty enough beans for wheelspin/dohnuts, & the battery lasts long enough to have a proper play!

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15658

Nice score, looks pristine! B)
Australia "meets" Lebanon on Tamiyabase. :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15663

Nice score, looks pristine! B)
Australia "meets" Lebanon on Tamiyabase. :)

I was thinking about this earlier. I am tempted to put up a map and pin where I've bought stuff. My list would now include USA, Netherlands, UK, Hong Kong, Japan, Lebanon, Spain and China. Not a large list, but slowly growing. Also I think back to when I was a teenager and it would have been impossible for me to do this back then (money aside),

cheers

Johann

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 5 months ago #15664

Hi guys,

I bought some Rubber tyre sets from Modelmaker, really pleasant and fast communication and delivery! I thought, tbh, it would take ages from Lebanon, but was delivered within two weeks!
Many thanks for that :)

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.575 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.