Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69543

Richard, I mentioned the thread here to Ryo :)
Maybe that will give him some ideas :)

That being said, although his pseudo on many forums is optimaforever, there is a lot of the cars modeled in his artbook which are not based on Kyosho Optima chassis or its variant... But there is no Tamiya... There is however a very nice froggified Hotshot in the artbook. A true creation of the artist, based on the Hotshot with a frog like space frame chassis. And it's nice. It could have been a great nice looking car to put on a shelve next to a Marui Samurai and a Kyosho Javelin :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69547

Got my Wild One Blockhead Motors Edition!!

Looking forward to using this platform for a really cool runner as it will be my first brushless attempt! 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69548

Jim, looking forward for your build... On my side, I'm also looking into a brushless motor. Not sure which one I'll get in, specifically because I will need to check the gearing ratios before deciding the motor I'll put in : a brushless motor with a pinion slightly too big and you could toast your esc.

Not sure what ESC you have delivered with the Wild One but mine was delivered with a TBLE-04S. The specs of this one are confusing : 75W vs 17.5T brushless motor limit. The TBLE02S was given for 60A and 13.5T without fan, 10.5T with fan. Not sure what to do yet. At the end I may get a Quicrun 10BL120 (it is about the same price than a 10BL60 and able to run which lower turns motors). But in any case, I'll need to count all the teeths of the gears to check the gearing ratios...

In short, looking forward for you build thread :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69550

So I'll say up front, this didn't all arrive at once.  It's a culmination of purchases over the past few months.  I've just been too lazy to post them as they came in, and am still re-organising my man-space in the garage.
Along with the builds I'm still doing, these are my kits for 2022 (and quite possibly 2023).
  • The Frog and Hornet.  They are just the iconic, I must have, cars from way back.  These are the re-releases, but I'll still enjoy taking them for a run.  An original of each is on my wish list to sit next to the Super Hornet, but that will happen when i'm ready to over-pay for the cars and replacement parts.
  • Midnight Pumpkin arrived a few months ago, put it aside whilst I thought about a theme for it.  Now just waiting for some bits n pieces to arrive.
  • The Lancia, well Sega Rally.  We all know the Celica GT4 was the better car.  But the Lancia was soooo much cooler 
  • The M06 Chassis is for my Jagermeister NSU TT body.
  • And a few 1/24 kits.
Then there is one more that arrived today.  But it's a special one.  And it's been decided (by the boss) that this will be from Santa.  So I can't show pics till Xmas Day.  But I can say it's not a Wild One.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69557

Hi Marc. very interesting that yours came with a TBLE-04S, if you zoom in on the box you will see mine was delivered with a Hobbywing ESC for brushed motors. Seems like a lot of Tamiya kits are coming this way, they must have made a deal with Hobbywing or something. Maybe just here in the US?? Luckily I have an extra TBLE-02S and I bought a cheap Chinese brushless motor to go with it for experimental purposes. its a 13.5T and I plan on starting with a very modest pinion (small) and work up from there while managing heat. I think there are only two pinion options for the Wild one...... I agree the specs can be very confusing. Hopefully I will be starting the build in the next few weeks!  
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69558

all the kits I got recently went with a TBLE04S. Including the Wild One, which was quite surprising for me, as announced everywhere with some Brushed only ESC...

And yeah, the 2 pinions option only for the Wild One is bothering me as well... Be careful with the TBLE-02S, it should be fine with the smaller pinion, but you need to get down to the gearing recs of the motor to check if the biggest one (+3T if my memory is correct) if possible or not...

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69560

Same here except lately the switch to Hobbywing.

Totally agree, I believe they are 14 and 17 tooth. The 14 should be plenty to run with and keep cool. I may dig into the math and see if the 17 works (or just try it! LOL)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69561

NOTE: Around here anyway the Tamiya PN has an A on the end for the the Hobbywing ESC. My 58695 was deemed unavailable and replaced with a 58695A from Tower.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69562

Did not checked the kit number when I received it.
I need to dig in the box to get the details of the teeth numbers for the diff and the gears... (I'm not supposed to open the box before Xmas, but I may do an exception, unless you are able to provide the details :-) )

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69563

I would be happy to supply numbets UNLESS you really want to do a sneak peak!! :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.