Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69496

Looks like a really nice clean 3D printed chassis, have you had to clean it up? Or was it nice when you got it?   I've seen a few things on the net that interest me but I can't spend any more for the moment, December will be a short month for me so I won't earn as much as I would like BUT i get to have 2 weeks off. 
Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69497

I got him the Rising Fighter and a Lunchy. They're both basic models but that's all he needs because they are easy to build (and repair) although he puts his Lego kits together almost with his eyes shut so I don't think he will have much trouble building these two. 

The Rising Fighter is a perfect kit for kids.  My 12yr has never built an RC before, and put his together with very little assistance.  Only help he needed was the dampers and some of the harder self tapping screws.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69500

Looks like a really nice clean 3D printed chassis, have you had to clean it up? Or was it nice when you got it?   I've seen a few things on the net that interest me but I can't spend any more for the moment, December will be a short month for me so I won't earn as much as I would like BUT i get to have 2 weeks off. 

There was no cleaning involved. It's been SLS printed, and like MJF, this is a printing process based on powder, and the unaggregated powder act as support during the printing process. They just remove the part from the powder and put them in a bag before shipping it usually.
For the small story, I got this chassis from Dadio himself, as his first printed was off specifications, but he used it anyway. He got this later on and proposed on sale on ebay at some point, and I was the only one to bid, at starting price.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69526

My Tin Snail arrived today :)

Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69528

On the back streets I use to drive over to my mothers for coffee I always see a light blue/dark blue 2CV parked in a driveway - often wished they would take it for a drive.

Have fun with the build .. what colours will you paint your tin snail? 

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69529

Wowsers - nice friend you have .. your one lucky chap Caprinut . 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69530

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Lee, send me a PM, I think I can help you out with some parts for an SRB.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69536

On the back streets I use to drive over to my mothers for coffee I always see a light blue/dark blue 2CV parked in a driveway - often wished they would take it for a drive.

Have fun with the build .. what colours will you paint your tin snail? 

Not sure about the colour, I'm torn between a Burgundy over Black Charleston, old skool plain grey, or a Dolly pattern of some sort.

The main thing for me is to correct the silly low profile wheel/tyre combination - I'm hoping that narrowing the stock wheels & fitting Scorcher front tyres will fit under the arches.

I'm surprised Tamiya hasn't release a Dolly TBH, it's just a few stickers to change - though they would have to commit to a colour, and I'm not sure which has the most appeal, maybe the white over red?

:)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69541

Something different arrived today...

A superb artbook made by my friend Ryo. It's an absolutely magic work he did to model those nice vintage cars in 100%CAD work...Unfortunately, I can't look at it now but will have to wait for it to be under the xmas tree...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69542

Wow, what a book!
A bit pricey, but well worth it I reckon.

Now we need a Tamiya book in same fashion 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.