Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69586

That GT40 is gorgeous but way above my means now. I had a Kyosho Pure Ten years ago with some kind of yellow open cockpit prototype body on it and it was very nice, too nice for me to run and wrap around a mailbox post. LOL

You are spot on about the pricing of static model kits though even they have gone up.

I will let you know when I have something dusted off.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69588

Yeahhhhh. We ran a lot our pure ten with dad. I have the stingray and my dad the gt40. My first go kit I built and ran. One of my better rc.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69653

stingray-63 post=69574 userid=2953
It's stamped on them. Lee. 

Flo, it looks like the ESC's are TBLE--04S they are in sealed bags but I could get to the booklet to see. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69656

My last kit had a tble02s. But it is some years ago. I don't know the 04s.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69657

Pardon me for being a total noob to Tamiya esc's, but How do I tell what esc I have with the kits I got? They are in there but I haven't a clue what they are. 

I believe you have found the answer by yourself, but the thing is that is highly dependant of some parameter.
  • most kits delivered before the introduction of the TBLE04S were delivered with a TBLE02S. It may be even older for kit delivered to the reseller before the introduction of the TBLE02S. I did not got any older ESC myself, but I know some people who got some in middle of this year.
  • Most kit delivered to reseller in the second half of 2021 were with TBLE04S
  • Newer kits maybe delivered with brushed HW1060 or Carson ESC depending on where you get them, as it is at importer level that this is managed
Personally, looking at the specs, fro brushed motors (540 Silver cans, Torque Tuned or GT Tuned), I don't really care. But I tend to prefer the TBLE02S which is as per specs suitable down to 10.5T with a fan, and further can be modded with a resistor addition to get a real Lipo Cut Off...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69658

Thanks for the info ST, I've actually never seen a Tamiya esc before in the flesh, apart from on fb pics or online thats been it. So I'm still all new to the esc and brushed/brushless side of things plus it doesn't take much to confuse me, 

I think the TBLE-04S will be ok for what we need, We will be running a silver can on the Rising Fighter and either a torque tuned or sports tuned in the LB with 18t pinions unless my Grandson wants the LB to wheelie everywhere. .  

Think I can run a 13T or 15T on the Blitzer and have a Hobbywing 1060 for that so should be able to run a sport tuned or slightly more hotter motor. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69659

The thing with the TBLE-04S is that the specs looks quite confusing.
it's rated 75A max, and  they indicate a motor higher number of turns for both brushed and brushless than the TBLE-02S which is rated for 60A max. It doesn't make sense at all.
I believe the TBLE-04S should be capable of lower turns motors than the TBLE02S as per the max amperage, but maybe Tamiya is playing a bit of over caution...

That being said, one installing a lower turns motor should also make sure that heating is not an issue by checking the temp of the motor and the ESC after a few minutes run (which many are not doing)... 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69661

Not really from the mail man, but I picked up this new addition to the flock .  Thanks to Andy.  

I changed the wheels and tyres already.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69662

This lovely B2B arrived from Japan. I'm soooo happy to have one at last.   

I'll get around to finishing the body off sooner than later. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 4 months ago #69663

It has been a busy time for the mailman at my place 
I found a VQS on special at a local seller , so couldn't resist. 

And also had a nice Zakspeed Wurth Capri arrive from HongKong.
I long missed out on finding one here in the hobby stores. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by mirrorman.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.