Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1249

I have heard from several places that Tamiya Japan now has contacted sellers of reproduction Vintage Tamiya decals, telling them to stop selling/production due to copyright/Intellectual Property issues!

I am more or less chocked to hear this, as this would mean Tamiya Inc. is hitting the core "fan club" and collector community really hard, and for what??

I understand (well...) the technicalities about copyright and Intellectual Property, but come on! These are small time, hobby sellers probaly not even making a profit!

I can't see Tamiya reproducing vintage decals, (then they are really desperate) and we already know they don't have /don't want to pay for the lisecnsing of real brands.

So, Tamiya, WHY??

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1250

:huh: :(

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1252

Time to stock up then? :unsure:

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1254

Time to stock up then? :unsure:

The good repro decals I needed are already off the market...

Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1255

The good repro decals I needed are already off the market...
Lars

:pinch:

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1257

If Tamiya is not going to produce and sell them themselves now, I don't understand the purpose at all. :huh:
Because then it just will come down to taking away a part of the hobby of many enthusiasts!

Only real solution (if you don't have the money for vintage decals) will be to start making them ourselves with decal paper...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1260

I don't understand it at all.

If Tamiya aren't producing/selling decals themselves, nobody is taking away their market share.
It can only be of benefit to Tamiya, by creating or maintaining interest in them and their products.

As long as they are marketed as reproductions, so people know what they are buying, I can't see the problem.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1263

No, it's a mystery...
It does not make sense... It seems like the "legal department" of Tamiya is not in contact with the "public relations" department... :(

It's just sad.

Anyone on here that knows the Copyright and Intellectual Property rules well?

-Lars

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1265

How about starting a petition and letting Tamiya know that they're rubbing the fans the wrong way with this course...
I'd definitely sign it!

Maybe that will reach an executive that's still in touch with the crowd and he can blow the whistle on the legal department.

:whistle:

This emoticon is also blowing that whistle! :laugh:
Might be wishful thinking...

Anyone on here that knows the Copyright and Intellectual Property rules well?

I'd also be very interested in how this case sticks together legally...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1269

Might be just a case of someone justifying their position at Tamiya. :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.