Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1398

They have patents

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bird_house.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1399

Mmmm... TC is still selling them. :ohmy:

Not anymore...

Manuals are also gone from TC.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1402

The link to the decals doesn't work anymore either.

Honestly it's starting to become a bit depressing. :sick: :angry:
I really wonder what the motivation behind all this is.

The manuals were repro, right? So you had to pay for them...
If not then the world of Tamiya is becoming a sad place. :(

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1408

The motivation behind Tamiya is a total mystery.
There's been no official word from Tamiya, and the subjects of Tamiyas apparent 'Cease and desist' notices aren't willing and/or permitted to elaborate.

Seems to be if an entity appears to be receiving payment in exchange for anything that Tamiya has rights to, they have been issued a notice.

Tamiya has won no fans over this, and I for one have a changed opinion of them.

Hopefully time will explain all.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1409

Wonder how long it will be till this place is told to shut the manuals down :huh:

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1410

Wonder how long it will be till this place is told to shut the manuals down :huh:

Hopefully it doesn't happen.
But seeing TB is totally free, maybe it has escaped scrutiny.

TC may have been targeted because it was selling decals, plus charging an indirect fee (through subscription) for high resolution manuals.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1411

Still - considering the big following and hardcore fans - you'd expect Tamiya to achieve some compromise with them... :S

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1412

Still - considering the big following and hardcore fans - you'd expect Tamiya to achieve some compromise with them... :S

Mods won't elaborate, so hopefully there is some compromise being discussed.

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1414

Hopefully it doesn't happen.
But seeing TB is totally free, maybe it has escaped scrutiny.

TC may have been targeted because it was selling decals, plus charging an indirect fee (through subscription) for high resolution manuals.

Yer , but that won't be it as you could still see the manuals in two different sizes free .
subscribe & you get to see it bigger , But at the end of the day it was free .

Re: Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers! 12 years 10 months ago #1415

TC was a great source for downloading manuals for a lot of my resto projects its very dissapointing they have taken this stance. by downloading the manuals i was using them as reference to purchase all the official Tamiya parts to carry the resto,s out so its bit of an own goal. this has definitely changed my opinion of Tamiya as a company im not such a fan anymore. may start spending my hard earned on a different hobby. This site and TC really are two of my favourite websites and im very angry they have chosen to attack them in such a silly way and are trying to tarnish my experience with them. lets hope they dont choose to attack this site or ill be moving out of the hobby i think as i dont like big companies trying to police people.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.