Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 10 months 3 weeks ago #75622

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

It was too hot for me today and my get up and go had actually got up and gone.
I did manage to make and replace this fitting tab on the front grill of one of my Toyota Hilux cabs.
I’d imagine this is going to be too fragile as it is ???
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 10 months 3 weeks ago #75624

Next car on the bench is the Top Force, Good thing about cleaning the cars is you get to closely look over everything Found that the 2 screws that hold the rear shock tower had worked loose and unfortunately couldn't be tightened enough, I changed them out for some machine screws and added nuts to the back side of the mount After running the car at a track day I have found that the motor and esc combo I had installed was not a good option, I will install a new ESC and add my favorited Torque Tune motor Taking advice from an experienced racer I also need to go down a few sizes on the pinion and I have a new body to paint for it, Something different

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75631

New electrics installed and body trimmed ready for masking

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75634

Hi Al, maybe not, it may be just fine. These front ends are very rigid once mounted to the body.....unless you drive like I do sometimes..... LOL

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75640

Beside doing some scale garage stuff and fitting the stabilizer kit to my TL01 project, I also fitted a new front gearbox housing and shock tower to the TA01 I got from Flo a while ago.

Still looking for a rear shock tower if any has one that is not broken...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75642

Today I did some research on the Clod Buster, because I recently purchased an all original from the original owner that claimed it has been a shelf queen since the very late 80s. I was skeptical of the motors being original, because they are are the round labels with shiny can variety. I assumed those motors were first used on re-release models, but now I think they could have been used much sooner. What triggered this new research, was that unrelated, I was searching for Grasshopper II Super G box art. I was shocked to see an open box layout that revealed the round label motor! Now, If the Pink Label Super G (yellow wheels) was released in 1989, then it stands to reason that the Clod Buster that was produced until 2003 could easily have the round label motors. Additionally, if the falling out with Chevrolet that led to losing the badges happened some time in 1990 as information suggests, then wouldn't it be possible that the original that I purchased could be a 1989-90 Clod Buster with Chevrolet badges and round label motors? Can anyone punch holes in this argument, with more detailed information on when the round label motors first arrived on the scene?

Here's pics of the Super G motor, wheels and tires, as well as the Clod in question:

Edit to add: More Possible proof of earlier use of the round label motors??

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75649

Not perfect but perfectly good for a runner

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75650

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

I fancied some modern alternative shocks for an SRB chassis. As much as I love to keep things as original as possible, we can all appreciate how leaky the original items are.
So I purchased the above from JK-RC.

This is going to be a runner so I’m not going 
to give myself a hard time on authenticity.

At the minute I’ve left the torsion bars on, should I remove them ??
The shocks look good and seem like good quality, plus they can be adjusted very easily. It’s a nice modern addition in my opinion.
Cheers.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Last edit: by Al.

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75653

Very nice Andy, always a fan of this livery.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75654

Hi Al, those look like beefy enough shocks that the torsion bars wouldn't even make a difference, I think.???
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.