Keyword

TOPIC:

What are you listening to? 7 years 11 months ago #38665

That vote count ended oddly. :huh:
Nice Aussie runner up though, would have probably won if it hadn't gotten political. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

What are you listening to? 7 years 11 months ago #38668

What are you listening to? 7 years 11 months ago #38791

I think he'll have a pretty good chance (starts at 3:17, can't embed a timed video). :lol:

Last edit: by Edou.

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41570

Turn up the bass.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41601

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41602

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41618

That one got removed pretty quickly. :huh:

Not bad at all for some Dutch musicians, this:

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41619

They've been around for a while but this is the first song of them I hear that's enough on the alternative side and not so much on the commercial. Got some Coldplay-ish guitars at the end (that Coldplay themselves of course got from The Cranberries) and the last chord's pretty much that of "Run To The Water". Kinda sounds like it's from the British Isles, not Utrecht.

:)

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41620

...Got some Coldplay-ish guitars at the end (that Coldplay themselves of course got from The Cranberries) ...

Jangly guitars date back a lot further than that ... The sound is usually incorrectly credited to The Beatles, but was in fact "invented" the first time anyone ever picked up an electric 12 string guitar... I can't narrow it down further than that because (according to the internet) just as there was no music before The Beatles, there were no instruments before the Rickenbacker 360-12 :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

What are you listening to? 7 years 5 months ago #41631

Earlier this year I began to get a bit worried that I was accumulating so much stuff that I'd never be able to move house again, part of the rationalisation that followed saw me dump approximately 75% of my CDs and DVDs (about 1,000 & 600 respectively)... I say "dump" as although most of them did sell, with a few exceptions the take on each was neglible - it looks like people really are going off having physical digital media in favour of digital streaming services.

Analogue media though ... I have to wonder if the people currently so in to vinyl will in a few years "discover" CDs, and for all the same reasons they became popular in the first place - lack of surface, size, not having to get up every 22 and a half minutes (or less) to change sides, being able to fit more music on ... I know they're not as robust as the early touting suggested, but on the other hand, I've never had a CD destroyed by having a kitten jump up on its spinning form & play pounce...

It might be a lousy time to sell CD, but it's a great time to buy them - hardly anything is rare or expensive, a lot of titles are currently sub 2.50 GBP (posted) on eBay & the like, by the time you get to 6 GBP you might as well look for new CDs on Amazon & so on. Getting rid of most of my CD collection has been a really good thing for my appreciation of music & this year so far I've bought far more than I have in probably the last decade at least - I'm thinking that in future, a strict limit on shelf space & regular churn (rather than an ever expanding collection) is the way to go.

I have to admit I've also been buying vinyl again ... I've never been cool in my life & I'm not about to start trying now, my reason is that an average LP (as anyone who's bought 10-packs of D-90 cassettes will confirm) is around 45 minutes long ... and that's about how long my daily physiotherapy homework takes. I don't want to whinge, but it's painful and incredibly tedious - having something nostalgic (or at least cheap) to listen to really makes a difference.

There was a reason for this post - I still think streaming (especially "free") has a place - for the last few days I've been using radiooooo.com/ for background music - apparently it's a beta test & I won't say it doesn't have flaws, but for when you don't want to think about your selections it's good. I mostly leave it on 1980s UK...
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.