Keyword

TOPIC:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #23035

Awesome JR, just Awesome :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #23048

I forgot to take pics of the underside - new rear bumper brace on the KBF came out quite well.

I'm short of two bumper brackets (one missing on both the brown eBay shell & my "new" blackfoot) but found a pair of alternative in my spares box - I'm guessing from a Super Clod re-re?

Attachments:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24312

Blimey, 5 weeks since I last thought about doing anything on this :whistle:

Not much of an update, but I've stripped the KBF chassis down to clean & tidy up the mods I did in the past ... Pajero wheelie bar fitment just needs a few edges tidying, but the upside down & centralised steering servo needs the brackets re-making properly in aluminium.

Gearbox on the other hand doesn't need any work internally :)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24353

Spent some time making things clean & shiny ... replacement aluminium brackets for the upside down servo mod have gone from being as rough as a badgers behind to positively blingy; windows (on the right) were polished with the Novus 3-part set; the 5 missing brass bits were made by machining down ones with heavier bases; everything else has been through the ultrasonic tank.

Still need to sort the roofbar lights & make a sunstrip, but I'm just about ready to put this one back together again :)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24356

Nice, nice :cheer: those alloy parts you've made look sweet B)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24371

After a false start (putting alloy spacers in the gearbox instead of the brass ones :whistle:) & lots of long breaks I got the chassis back together ... I couldn't remember if I'd had this car completely apart at any point before - I guess not as there were sprue burrs everywhere, and a hole missing on the chassis...

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24372

Third pic shows improvement of upside down/central servo - no bump steer at full compression :)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24375

Awesome JR B) You must be happy with the body, from the white bench smacker to a black stomper :)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24410

Started dismantling the Bush Devil chassis:

Bumper needs replacing (I might just use a Lunchbox one instead), definitely needs some sort of underguard...

Note routing of servo wires :whistle: I don't think they've been there for long...

Wheels needs a skim & some tyres...

Motor needs resoldering...

Antenna holder needs replacing...

Resistor wiring needs some attention, resistor itself needs replacing:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24411

Fasteners are not the best - loose nuts, stripped nuts, wrong bits used, and lots of chewed threads ... I get the feeling this is a bitsa car - someone had two, made a good one out of the bits - and this is the reject parts :S

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.