Keyword

TOPIC:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 7 months ago #13066

I've put these together as despite all the years apart they're essentially the same truck... no real idea what I'm going to do with them, beyond fixing them up & maybe sorting the suspension on one of them...

Painting the KBF in Scorcher colours seemed like a good idea at the time, but that wore off quite quickly ...

I got a spare body to fix the damage I'd done by twunting a park bench - but it turned out to be in much worse condition :pinch:

The Buch Devil is a very recent eBay "bargain" :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 7 months ago #13067

Oh dear, where do you find those poor cars. :cry:

Would it be possible to do your threads in reverse order, start with how they look after you finished the restore and then work your way back. That would go easier on our souls. :)

nice finds btw :y:

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 7 months ago #13070

Its wierd I used to hate the Bush Devil because of the colour scheme but i have sort of gone 360 now and am thinking of getting one to restore myself. The car has grown on me for some reason now i love it but im thinking the body would be expensive to replace unless they have used the original design on the new re release? Decals are still affordable so its not an impossible resto.

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 7 months ago #13076

Its wierd I used to hate the Bush Devil because of the colour scheme but i have sort of gone 360 now...

360? So you still hate it? ;) :D :laugh:

...and am thinking of getting one to restore myself. The car has grown on me for some reason now i love it but im thinking the body would be expensive to replace unless they have used the original design on the new re release? Decals are still affordable so its not an impossible resto

I've got to admit, the body on the Bush Devil II does look the same :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 7 months ago #13097

No 360 a complete turn around :P

For offending me you should give me that Bush Devil to restore :whistle:

Hate the new bush devil its awful and a pretty boring chassis too at least the body may prove useful but id definitely restore it to the boxart not the new boring colours.Neon pink wheels :laugh:

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #17008

This project isn't dead - I just haven't done much on it :whistle:

I recently stripped the paint off the manky brown shell - which turned out to have white, blue and sandy coloured paint underneath too - and araldited the broken bonnet bits back together ... still an awful long way to go though :S

Attachments:

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #17038

:)
I have poorer cars... I like the bush devil but it is not my favorite.
You have some work but for you it is fingers in the nose Jonny.
I love the araldite because you can block holes and paint it. Relatively easy to work.
Good luck Jonny :y:

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #17049

I love the araldite because you can block holes and paint it. Relatively easy to work.

Is there how to guide on how to do this because I have recently purchased a body in similar condition and would very much like to restore it.
Many thanks

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #17052

:) I'm restoring for low cost my bear hawk chassis. Picts are comming soon and my body is mint

Re: 58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #17054

Is there how to guide on how to do this because I have recently purchased a body in similar condition and would very much like to restore it.
Many thanks

I don't think anyone has written an article on how to restore a car, there's just too much to cover in one hit ... plenty of examples on the site though - my two Cheetahs here and here are probably the most involved restorations I've done, I think most of my other cars have involved paint stripping, and I have written a few articles ( here and here ), parts 4, 5 and 8 would probably be the most useful... Araldite is just a two part epoxy adhesive, it's just a matter of mixing it & sticking things together ... then sanding, filling, priming, etc :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.