Keyword

TOPIC:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22913

Moving on to the 2nd body ....

Cracked bits reinforced with fine grassfibre cloth & resin, excess resin dremmelled off:

Filler ...

Sanded back ...

... primer shows a bit more work is needed ...

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22914

Body re-primed, I started thinking about decals for both cars ... I really dislike the boxart decals for the King Blackfoot, even more so for the Bush Devil... plan is to go with something very much more like the decals for the original Blackfoot on the KBF, and something with a few more concessions to the "correct" decals for the Bush Devil.

I started by making paper templates for the basic shape of the panels for the KBF ...

Bush Devil bonnet will have stripes rather than a big panel ...

Marked all the edges with a fat marker pen & scanned ...

A bit of fiddling later, this is the basic idea for the bits to be done in vinyl - black strips on the panel edges will be done in yellow...

Same for the Bush Devil (bonnet text will be white, still not sure about using pink for the smaller stripes, I'm currently thinking purple?)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22915

Final update for today - I also had a go at making a tidier version of the tailgate/bumper bracket needed (because of breakage) on the KBF ...

Made a basic in 1.5mm aluminium ...

... but thought I could make it a bit better looking - I haven't done any chain drilling since I was 11/12 & at school ... I probably should have practiced a little in the meantime :whistle:

Lots of filing later ... it's a bit uneven, but it's not going to be seen anyway :)

Attachments:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22916

:lol: Everytime a very nice work Jonny

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22955

More work on the vinyl - I separated the previous images into the colours they needed to be in (2 shades of red, black, white, yellow, purple, blue), mirrored them, printed them out...

... then stuck them to the back of self adhesive vinyl with Pritt stick, cut them out, stuck the lettering to the panels, than blu-tac'd everything to prints of the original images:

Meanwhile, the spray painting is all done ...

Attachments:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22957

Very nice JR, those shells came up sweet :y: good job :)

oh and well done mate! 3000 posts :ohmy:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22966

Thanks, though TBH I'm not sure me demonstrating I have very little else going on in my life ATM is much to congratulate me for ;)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #22969

Thanks, though TBH I'm not sure me demonstrating I have very little else going on in my life ATM is much to congratulate me for ;)

Your still doing something productive matey :) Beats sitting there drooling on yourself with a TV remote . Your a talented contributor here :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #23031

Still a lot to do on the bodywork, but I've installed the brighwork & decals ... took me all day to do that - a reflection of my lack of ability ATM rather than the difficulty :whistle:

Attachments:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 9 months ago #23033

Your bodywork skills always impress JR i tip my hat to you :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.