Keyword

TOPIC:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24412

Gearbox is a mixed bag - nasty outdrives, surprisingly clean gear ... and absolutely vile diff. insides :sick:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24433

I have a complete rebuilt bush devil myself but i added oil shocks and ballraced it looks very tidy and an original set of new decals and a new set of G parts to complete it it just needs tyres and a TBG bodyshell and you would have a nice shelfer if anyone fancies a project drop me a PM

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24445

KBF is pretty much finished, although ideally I'd fiddle with the springs - despite having the same springs both ends, the front end is far too hard & the rear too soft...

Really not sure about the sun strips, they didn't look that good so tried so lettering in the hope that would improve it :whistle: I think they might have to come off entirely, or maybe the letters just need to be smaller.

Attachments:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24449

:woohoo: Just perfect Jonny, Same the sun strips (for me) :whistle: :y:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24463

They both look great id vote to keep the sunstrips they look good :y:

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24512

My KBF had a horrendous crash - it rolled off a 2metre high shelf & landed on my Brat :(

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24515

:pinch:
Bad! But there are not big matters.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24521

Sorry to see that JR, the bracket you made for the KBF certainly saved it but caused extensive to your Brat :cry:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24611

More fiddling with the Bush Devil... I'm really not sure quite what I'm going to do with it, I's like a hotter motor & ESC, but until I can find some proper oils shocks for it on the cheap it's getting a silvercan & MSC fitted ...

I don't know how dry/friction shocks could get so manky...

This photo just doesn't show how disgusting the water got...

Brass bits before ...

... and after:

A closeup of my Johnson :D

New resistor & spade connectors:

Chewed up ball joints ... I'm sure this wouldn't happen half as much if Tamiya didn't recommend using needle nose pliers in the manual :S

58101 Bush Devil & 58192 King Blackfoot 10 years 8 months ago #24612

I haven't really done any restoration here, but with a thorough clean, lightly used tyres, Monster Beetle underguard, Lunchkin bumper & a few new fasteners, it looks a lot tidier :)

I still need to sort the body mounts out - in these pics it's just balanced on. I think it needs to be lower on the back rather than a lift on the front end ... a bit of part juggling & fiddling to be done yet ...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.