Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10836

That's one bashed and messed up Bigpig. :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10837

Wow its true that the camera lies and cars always look better in photographs. That is one messed up car hopefully you didnt pay too much for it and if you did i think you might have a case for a refund through ebay depending on the sellers description. I hate it when badword put cars like this on ebay it spoils the hobby a little just do something nasty in a box and send it back to the thief. I was looking forward to your rebuild thread too :(

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10867

... just do something nasty in a box and send it back...

LOL, they already did that to me ...

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10868

I gave everything a thorough clean yesterday, the shocks came up particularly well after a turn in the ultrasonic tank & finishin tickle with a toothbrush - I think that (and finding the gears to be in good order) has inspired me to not give up on this car just yet.

The most pressing issue for me is the broken rear arms, but looking at the parts breakdowns from the various cars in the Hotshot line, the rear arms look to be common with the Boomerang. While that's not a cheap fix, at least it becomes possible to make the chassis serviceable again ...

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10869

Yes the rear arms do look like the boomerang ones i need a set to finish my super sabre rebuild as they share the same rear arms too but they are

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10875

What about a mail to Banzai for some reissued parts ? If they match of course...
I'm quite sure the price there will be more appealing.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10881

Worth a try Edou ill give them a mail thanks :y:

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10883

I'd be interested in the price (for a general impression, don't have a Boom) so keep me posted if you will. :y:
Shipping cost should be very low at least...

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10885

The most pressing issue for me is the broken rear arms, but looking at the parts breakdowns from the various cars in the Hotshot line, the rear arms look to be common with the Boomerang.

The Bigwig, Boomer and Hotshot 2 all share the same R-parts tree, item no. 0115046. :)
The reissue Boomer, however, has R-parts named 9115022 which are the Super Sabre's R-parts.

-Lars
(I really need to get my parts database online, for questions like this...)

Edit: reg 9115022
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Bigpig #2 resto 11 years 9 months ago #10890

Thanks for the suggestion Edou ... but I ordered a 17 GBP set of bits off ebay at 1030 am yesterday after looking at a lot of places - including Seidel, but I forgot about Banzai :(

The most pressing issue for me is the broken rear arms, but looking at the parts breakdowns from the various cars in the Hotshot line, the rear arms look to be common with the Boomerang.

The Bigwig, Boomer and Hotshot 2 all share the same R-parts tree, item no. 0115046. :)
The reissue Boomer, however, has R-parts named 9115022 which are the Super Sabre's R-parts.

-Lars
(I really need to get my parts database online, for questions like this...)

Edit: reg 9115022

Thanks Lars :)

Looking at my broken bits, the photo of the Boomerang re-re bits on ebay, the parts diagrams & manuals of the complete Hotshot line, the parts _look_ identical ... but that's no guarantee, so ..

58062 Boomerang & 58066 Super Sabre use the same gearbox outers - 0005118 G parts - so if the gearboxes are identical, the wishbone fittings must be, and so must the inboard ends of the wishbones ...

58057 Bigwig & 58418 Boomerang re-re uprights (C parts) have the same part number - 0005257 - so the outboard ends of the wishbones must be the same too.

It's possibly a bit of a stretch to think if the ends of the wishbones are the same, then the inbetween must be too ... Potentially the geometry could be different - but I don't think it's too clever on the Bigwig anyway - lots of toe-in & the wrong sort of camber :S

If I've got it really wrong I can always sell those new R parts to TN at a discount :pinch: :)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.