Keyword

TOPIC:

Rought Rider resto 11 years 2 months ago #19365

The template was to get it the same both sides? Either way, your panel shaping is excellent :y:

The best thing you can do for the flaws at the moment is leave the shell somewhere toasty for a week or two to make sure the paint is nicely baked before you start your polishing :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rought Rider resto 11 years 2 months ago #19371

The template was to get it the same both sides? Either way, your panel shaping is excellent :y:

The best thing you can do for the flaws at the moment is leave the shell somewhere toasty for a week or two to make sure the paint is nicely baked before you start your polishing :)

Hi Jonny,

Yes, I used the same template for both sides so both sides are equal.
The body is resting somewhere behind a window exposed to sunlight so the paint gets "backed" before the next steps.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Rought Rider resto 11 years 2 months ago #19372

While the body is exposed to direct sunlight, i've started working on the mechanical part.

Started taking the shocks apart and polishing them

Front Arms Before & after

Took the motor apart....but i'll think i'm going to replace it... I still have original vintage ones somewhere :P
As the rear end bronze bushing is stucked on the rotor it might be difficult to find some spares for it.

Last edit: by Manotas.

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19906

That's the 2 components polyurethane i used :

Is that glue for repairing car bumpers? If so, where can I get some?
The wife drove her Fiesta into the back of another car on a roundabout yesterday :(
Not too much damage but it's cracked the bumper and it's not worth paying to fix properly - The car is 11 years old, has 160,000 miles on the clock and my stepson will be learning to drive in it soon.

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19910

:y:
You can use this type of glue. We use exactely the same for 1/1 headlights repairing. You can find it in spare parts markets like auto distribution or norauto. Maybe can you buy it directly in a car and body repair. :y:

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19924

Is that glue for repairing car bumpers? If so, where can I get some?
The wife drove her Fiesta into the back of another car on a roundabout yesterday :(
Not too much damage but it's cracked the bumper and it's not worth paying to fix properly - The car is 11 years old, has 160,000 miles on the clock and my stepson will be learning to drive in it soon.

Hi Martin,

Yes, that 2 component polyurethane is mainly used to repair automotive plastic parts.
Depending on where you are located u might find it in automotive bodyshops, i doubt that you will find that kind of "professional" 2 component glue in common car shops.

If you can't find it, just drop me a PM with your address and i'll be happy to send you one of those ;) ;)

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19927

I found some time to progress a bit on the body
I sanded a bit the white paint edges, polished a bit and now i started with the first coat of clear coat.
After appliying the decals i will apply a few more clear laque coats.

Painting the roof. This the only part that is not original :( :( but anyway the re-re and the old one are the same ones.

In the mean time i worked a bit on the chassis parts, cleaning, polishing and making them shinny :P

Polished front and rear shocks with new rubber bushings

Polished the electronic box cover and lower part
Before

After

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19928

Cleaned and polished the underguard

Before

After

Reassembling the motor after a good clean, polished can and sanded the commutator.
I dod not replace the pings and bushes as they still look ok. (and because i don't have spare brushes)

Then, time to start assembling the gearbox fitted with new bearings

I installed 2 bearings on each rear suspension arms

Thanks for looking

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #19948

Nice work M, she's sprucing up well. The body came out sweet i'm looking forward to seeing the decals on :) andy.....
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Rought Rider resto 11 years 1 month ago #20286

Finally got some time to keep working on the chassis...

Assembling the front suspension.
I still need to remove the ugly M3 srew on upper right arm...waiting for the correct part :unsure:

Assembling the chassis plate, Gearbox and front suspension

The electronic box is almost ready to install I just need to revire the MSC and the circuit braker.
The alloy rims are on the way and should be arriving real soon :woohoo: :woohoo:

In the meantime i put the decals back on the body and as i'm writing this the first coat of clear laque is driying..

Masking the roof, ready for his first coat of pure white

After a while...tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Headlamps ready for painting too

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds