Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 3 months ago #17372

Fantastic regarding the regulators/BEC, I wasn't going to suggest it as most get scared when you suggest electronic get-arounds. What are you actually using? - if you go for simple LM7805, they'll deliver 1A at constant 5.0V (Assuming your battery voltage is above that). It can be used as a standalone device (Doesn't require any other components) & is small (About 10x15mm) for the 1A version. It does need a heatsink for large voltage drops &/or high current handling though, as they can get quite warm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 3 months ago #17383

Excellent project, LB. This will be great to follow :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 3 months ago #17384

Nice one, really looking forward to your body build pic's :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 3 months ago #17392

Very impressive so far LB :) !! I love the Pinzgauer. Don't you just love the possiblity when you're building one you park next to one also!! :woohoo: What are the odds!!
Keep up the good stuff, we all know that time is the only thing limited the most in life...

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18039

Hey, how's the body for this beastie coming along? would love an update :) cheers Andy...

Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18067

Hello all, long time since I've been on here. The progress on the Pinzgauer is slow, but at least going forward. I've been spending a lot of time on the chassis, fine tuning, and redesigning the rear suspension. I wasn't totally happy with the leaf spring setup. So I have changed it to 4 link on each axle.

On another note, I'm installing a Unimog body on it for now, while I finish the Pinzgauer body.

I cut out the sides of the Pinz body, but 3mm styrene is not the easiest to build with. But here are some pics of the rear mods...

As you can see, the rear is only running on 2 spring for now, haven't fully designed the setup yet. But I think the oil shocks will be at a 45 degree angle, and the spring holders will be raised a fraction. As it stands now, I can put 1.5 liters of water on the back, and the suspension isn't fully bottomed out.

More soon, but any comments and/or design ideas are welcome...

Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18087

Great to hear you at least moving forward :) How about using 4 independent mini shocks (like on the front) for the rear? Cheers for the update Andy........

Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18106

Great to hear you at least moving forward :) How about using 4 independent mini shocks (like on the front) for the rear? Cheers for the update Andy........

Thanks for the reply Andy, I have explored that concept already, but the main problem with that is it limits the axle movement. The axle is limited to move only as long as the shock, whereas, if I run the shocks longer and at an diagonal angle, the axle has more room to twist. I'll post a pic when I get back to the office.

Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18107

Here is a quick diagram of what I meant. This I figured out when I converted my F350 Highlift from leaf spring to 4 link. And that thing could twist. If the twist is too much, I'll limit the axle movement with straps...

Attachments:

Pinzgauer 712 K 11 years 2 months ago #18128

Don't quite have the crawler brain power to get a real overview... :whistle:
Great project though. :y:

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.