Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68484

Thanks fellas.
Now it is 0.30 in the morning and it's moving day.
Apartment is still not finished, but should be liveable sometime tomorrow evening.
Did not manage to pack everything, but now I'm knackered and have to rest some hours.
My back is totally shot now, heps of painkillers to make it a tad better.

Will post some pics when I come online again.

I'm not ready, my new landlord is not ready, flat is not ready, but moving day it is!

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68486

Good luck and courage richard.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68488

Hope things go well :)

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68489

Hope to hear soon that you are past this bad time! Good luck!

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68512

Good Luck Richard, hope everything goes well with the move. 
Regards

Lee

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68538

I'm now relocated and things are getting better by the day.
Recent days the toilet has been installed, hot water tank installed, shower installed and lights on the the outside is installed.
Still things to be fitted to work like a real home, but it is getting there.

My stuff is everywhere in the apartment so can take a while before my workshop is up and running.
The cat is slowly settling in as well, but must be kept in the bedroom so he can't run away while the apartment is being worked on.

My back is a slightly better, but still needs pain killers.

Pics will be up when there is less stuff in the way..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68540

Yes richard. Keep capri in one room. He need to adapt himself to the apartment. And keep safe. You have a roof, hot water and shower. Only put your bed. The rest you have the Time.
;)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68644

Capri the cat has been outside for the first time and it did go really well.
As always I'm outside the first times together with the cat to be sure all he feel comfy and can find home.
Just after 10min ish he wanted to go inside again.
So he has deffo understood where he lives no.
And so far he has not nagging me to open the door, probably due all the new noices. (There is also a train track not far from me which they use the horn every time they go past and that is one of the new loud sounds here.

Hobbyroom/mancave is not looking like a mancave right now, but if it is fully up before xmas I will be happy.
Problem is lack of storage place in the other rooms.
Left side

Straight ahead from the door

And right side

A trip to ikea is on order.
Just don't know if I get the time this week as my daily is up for the bi-annual MOT test on Thursday and I know I have to fix the handbrake and change the front tires.

On top of this I having a cold since last week and I've lost all taste and smell sences so food is dull at the moment.
But at least the fever has gone now and I'm abel to sleep at night again.

But getting there slowly on all acounts.. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68645

Warf I past the mot this week to. Your mancave looks nice.
that's cool that capri feels good In the new home
Keep care of you.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68646

Looks like there is still sometime before you are getting back to rebuild something...
Trying to sort out the mess accumulated for the last 10 months (I interpret the saying of my wife as "evacuate some boxes, otherwise no new kits"). I had already a agreement with her for 4 kits for 2022 (that excludes the restoration stuff, though, which gives some room for more, but the fact is restoration is taking much more room than a new kit). Just looking at where I am right now and those pictures makes me thing that yes, you would be very happy if you get back into order by Christmas. It took about 5 years from the time I got into the house to the time I was able to organize my man cave properly, and there was not much things to get organized, but when you need furniture, it's also a question of cost at the end...

Good luck, and hope will see you soon in building cars areas :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.