Keyword

TOPIC:

How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7701

After refurbishing our second bathroom, I am no longer allowed to use this as my paint room. (guess by who...)
So, I am planning a new paint booth, most likely with a fan and probably quite covered.

Does any of you have tips to do's and dont's for a paint booth?
Ventilation/fan/suction?
Size?
Heat?

I will probably end up build something in my basement, in a cold room, so I will need heating..

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7703

I have to use the great outdoors, so I'm very dependant on the weather - wind & rain obviously need avoiding :whistle: - but I've found that humidity is at least as much of a problem as temperature ... where this is going is that in a cellar, I would have thought damp could be a real problem - and heating it up won't help, as warm air holds more moisture than cold - I think you should at least measure the humidity/temperature down there, and invest in a dehumidifier if neccessary :)

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7704

Maybe you could also install a UV lamp - that'll cure the paint the quickest... B)

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7708

I am actually in the trade. I do airconditioning and ventilation Lars. I'll post some interesting info. I'm currently helping one of the Leaders in our church, whose into plastic models. We building him a Spraybooth with extraction. I'll keep you updated.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7709

This is something like what we building:

More to follow...
Attachments:

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7710

i just spray my stuff outside when its dry and as warm as it can be then bring it inside to let it dry, never had any problems so far

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7711

Nice stuff, LB. And I see even musical entertainment when painting is an optional feature. :lol:

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7712

Just some suggestions - I've seen 'quick greenhouses' made of plastic poles & green polyethylene sheet, available from most DIY shops, or maybe make something similar using plastic plumbing piping or garden canes. OR keep an eye out for a cheap family sized tent (One you can stand up in). Gazebo & fill the sides in with plastic sheet? etc. Extraction - use a vacuum cleaner with the hose inside & the machine outside. Heat - fan heater works for me when I've been spraying in the shed. Get divorced, then do what you like?

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7722

This is something like what we building:

More to follow...

This is very interesting.
I have been toying with an idea of using a kitchen extractor placed on top of a "box", and this looks even better :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7723

i just spray my stuff outside when its dry and as warm as it can be then bring it inside to let it dry, never had any problems so far

I can do that, but only for a few months of the year. Up north where I live is just too cold many months of the year.. :cry:

-Lars

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.