Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7724

Just some suggestions - I've seen 'quick greenhouses' made of plastic poles & green polyethylene sheet, available from most DIY shops, or maybe make something similar using plastic plumbing piping or garden canes. OR keep an eye out for a cheap family sized tent (One you can stand up in). Gazebo & fill the sides in with plastic sheet? etc. Extraction - use a vacuum cleaner with the hose inside & the machine outside. Heat - fan heater works for me when I've been spraying in the shed. Get divorced, then do what you like?

For outdoor, a "mini-tent" would sure be a good idea! I'm planning for indoor use, and I would like to have something more permanent.
Divorce... hmmm....no, don't think so :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7734

i just spray my stuff outside when its dry and as warm as it can be then bring it inside to let it dry, never had any problems so far

I can do that, but only for a few months of the year. Up north where I live is just too cold many months of the year.. :cry:

-Lars

it works well if the paint is warmed up indoors and the part you want to spray. run outside, give it a quick coat then bring it straight back in to dry in the warm.
no overspray on the furniture and minimum fumes :silly:

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7741

Why restrict a 'mini-tent' to outdoors? Erect it indoors, be warm & at the same time be able to keep the paint off the telly! (& the missus)

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7748

I definitely warm the paint and the item I'm spraying. It just helps the paint atomize better.

With regards to putting a kitchen extractor over a box, just be careful of air velocity. If the velocity is to high, you'll just suck the paint out before it hits the object being sprayed.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7786

Watch how warm you get the paint too - too warm & it'll be drying before it hits the workpiece & you'll get a stippled or orange peel effect. You can sort it out by giving it a dust (Light spray) with thinners to reflow the paint. Paint finishes are always better (Or rather easier to make look good) the longer the paint takes to dry

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7787

The ideal temperature for the room is 20 - 24 degrees C. But that is in a perfect world. sometimes it can get as hot as 38 degrees C in Cape Town, then I spray in my garage.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7842

Yeah I'd go with that - I usually aim for 70-75F (21-24C), but I find spraying outside in the sun in summer (80F/27C+?) is a nightmare, especially if there's a breeze, not to mention all the wildlife that ends up in it....

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7897

This is my paint booth :

Other than that it serves as a garden, holiday resort and it also has a cat toilet area. :lol:
Painting activities are seasonally limited.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7898

With regards to putting a kitchen extractor over a box, just be careful of air velocity. If the velocity is to high, you'll just suck the paint out before it hits the object being sprayed.

This is one of my worries for the extraction part. Have anyone experimented with different air flows in different sized cabinets?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: How is your paint booth/room/area ? 12 years 1 month ago #7900

Yeah I'd go with that - I usually aim for 70-75F (21-24C), but I find spraying outside in the sun in summer (80F/27C+?) is a nightmare, especially if there's a breeze, not to mention all the wildlife that ends up in it....

At the few attempts I've had of painting outdoors (or in my garage) the pollen/insctes always become a problem.... :cry:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.