Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5636

hello, i need a set of wheels,preferably with tires. tarmac use and as big and as wide as you got. 12mm hex fitment. chrome,black or white or not bothered as i can paint them.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5639

Just suggestion - if you got some 17mm hex adaptors, you'd have a lot more choice of big wheels & tarmac tyres (Lots available for Tmaxx, RevO & 1/8 scale). What car are they going on?

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5649

What car are they going on?

I'm guessing a Grasshopper or Hornet...
For budget sake, I'd go for 2.2" on road. Something like these :

On road buggy tyres

I might be able do a trade and deliver these to you for about 15 euro - shipping included.
And send them with the CVA parts...

Bigger wheels are awesome but in my experience they get relatively more expensive with diameter. :S

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5650

they are for the 2nd hopper, i want 1 full time off roader and 1 as a tarmac racer.
i have the 17mm hex's to fit them. i will have a trawl through ebay to see whats about but i may take you up on your offer Edou. is that the exact wheels you have that are in the link?

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5651

Edou. is that the exact wheels you have that are in the link?

Even more so - they would come directly from the store's stock. I'd have to get them still.
I am about to do a parts trade with this seller. He lives a bike ride away...
Btw - not the sweetest deal I ever made (trade for $30 Imex rims) but if you like them I'd give you the opportunity.
No pressure whatsoever of course. ;)

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5652

that link is only for 2 wheels, i need 4 :cry:

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5653

I was talking about two sets of course... ;)
No doubt I'd give you an opportunity - not a money maker for myself. :lol:

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5654

i dont want to put you to any more trouble mate. i got some polishing work this week so i will have a bit of cash free.
found these on ebay, they should look ok i think, and quite cheap for 4 wheels and tires
www.ebay.co.uk/...3390wt_929

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5655

Certainly looks nice. B)
They are a bit smaller though because they're for an on road car.
Usually they measure about 1.9" rim size...

I'd look around for 2.2-2.3" on road buggy tyres or maybe a set in 1/8 scale.
That might suit the overall dimensions a bit better. ;)

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5656

it says 52mm diameter which is slightly over 2 inches.
i looked at 1/8th scale wheels and they all seem to use 17mm hex adaptors, = more expense. i like these but beyond my budget....
www.ebay.co.uk/...1202wt_909

i am thinking with smaller diameter wheels = lower to the ground, formula 1 type look, faster acceleration, lower centre of gravity for faster cornering.
perfect for a car park racer?

Last edit: by agemax.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.